or Connect

Posts by EricTheHalfBee

Quote: What exactly is wrong with the CAN bus? It's simple (there are chips that are self-contained to handle CAN for you and interface easily with microcontrollers), it's cheap and reliable. And there's no way Apple will get into engine management. That market is pretty much locked down by companies like Bosch or Siemens (or OEMs who make their own). And the microprocessors used in ECUs only come from a small handful of companies that make custom processors designed...
No. Surprised it took this long to figure out cnocbui is a troll. Many of us blocked him a long time ago, and for the very same reasons. More like this was that "last straw" post in a long string of useless comments that finally caused MagMan1979 to add cnocbui to the block list.As to Relic, she's very biased. Look at any discussion involving the Nvidia K1 processor for proof of this. She seems truly upset that Apple makes the most advanced ARM processors.
 Sorry, the original comment was correct. It said "the magnetic card swipe emulation technology that Samsung acquired to bolster its own payment system is unlikely to work in many European style card readers". It didn't say "Samsung Pay will not work". If you have a CHIP card in Samsung Pay, and use it at a terminal the transaction will get denied and you'll be prompted to insert your card. This is EXACTLY what would happen if you try to swipe a CHIP card - you will be...
Still think this is one of the best things Apple has announced in a long time. I have no doubts there are going to be many more of these types of stories with real-world examples of how it helps both researchers and participants.
 No, I think that's EXACTLY how it works. Tax laws change all the time and all that matters is if you are obeying the laws in the year to which they applied. Have you never filed income tax before? Tax breaks come and go and something I was able to write off this year may not be available next year. I was able to write off almost $30K in tools/equipment back in 2008 and if resulted in me getting a $3K refund (as opposed to paying $2K). The tax break I used no longer...
This is what separates Apple from other companies. I think of CurrentC as a prime example. Instead of coming up with something secure (considering they're dealing with customer data and funds), they use chose to use those stupid QR codes.
Actually we DO know what Jobs meant. The problem is people like you taking that same stupid single quote out of context and ignoring all the others.For example, in the Isaacson biography Jobs makes a bunch of comments about using a stylus. He says things like "God gave us ten styluses" while waving his fingers or "I want to make a tablet and it can't have a keyboard or stylus."Pretty damn clear he wanted you to have a device that could be operated by anyone using your...
Not sure why people didn't get the sarcasm here. Seems obvious things Jobs said were applicable at the time he said them.Force Touch doesn't have hundreds of levels of pressure like many stylii have. And artists like pressure sensitivity to control things like brush stroke.I think Wacom would be very worried about an iPad Pro with a proper stylus. The Cintiq 13HD only has a 1080P screen (the iPad will probably be 3072x2048 to handle 2 existing 2048x1536 iPad screens at...
Please, someone with the right tools make a side-by-side video showing Apple ads and all the things ripped from them to make this Samsung ad. Or at least lets get a list going of things you spotted. I'll start: - The milling machines cutting metal. - The coordinate measuring machine checking dimensions of a part. - The end shot of extruded metal (aluminum) like in the Apple Watch metal videos.
 But Nokia does, through (if I remember correctly) their Navteq data which lots of auto manufacturers use. If Apple bought HERE I doubt they'd suddenly cut off licensing to those automakers. Think about Apple and Rockstar. Lots of the Nortel patents were currently being licensed, and one of the conditions of the sale was that existing deals would not be disrupted. Which means that Apple (and the other members of Rockstar) would be collecting licensing fees that companies...