or Connect

Posts by EricTheHalfBee

Blah blah blah. Who cares if Google was working on the same ideas. It's IRRELEVANT. All that matters if who has a patent on it. If Google did in fact come up with it earlier, then they are stupid (or incompetent) for not applying for a patent. This happens all the time in the real world - when you have multiple companies all trying to solve various problems it's inevitable that sometimes two people come up with the same idea. However, the first person to patent it is the...
Regardless of how much $$$ Apple gets, the real value of these trials are seeing the internal documents to understand how both companies work (and just how bad Samsung really is). Samsung has been caught price fixing several times and has paid hundreds of millions in fines. They have had several employees criminally convicted for everything from tax evasion to supplying traders with inside information (going all the way up the the CEO). They even hire bloggers to spread...
 I've been an audiophile since the late 70's. By audiophile I mean someone who's really into music and listening to it on a high-end system. However, I'm not one of those idiots who claims they can hear the difference between a $50 speaker cable and a $2,000 speaker cable or that a $50,000 amplifier will sound better than a $2,000 amplifier. My entire system (which happens to be mostly Canadian made) is worth around $10,000, what I consider a point at which you can achieve...
How will Samsung and others respond to this? Nobody makes a high-end phone with a smaller screen except for Apple. They have had that market to themselves for years. Now it looks like Apple will make large screen phones as well, attacking Samsung where they make their money. I doubt Samsung will introduce a compact high-end phone to start competing with Apple (esp after promoting the advantages of screen size for so long). So what's left for Samsung to do? Apple is going...
 "violate the very same patents" Stop already. Please show me where HTC, Motorola and all the others violated Apple's design patents the way Samsung did. Samsungs huge marketing budget PLUS making a phone that was a complete rip of the iPhone is what got the ball rolling for Samsung. And once rolling there was no turning back.
 Riiiiight. And Apple is the only company being sued here?
 Please. Are you telling me that Company A never advertises for employees or has any other methods to let the tech industry know about positions?
Where's the actual damage to the employees?   From what I've seen this "agreement" doesn't prevent an employee from looking for work where they choose to - it prevents company A from actively trying to lure away an employee from company B. As such, I don't see how any employee could be harmed. Nobody is "forcing" them to stay with the company they're currently employed with.
I propose AI start up a "beer fund". It works like this:   People make a guess as to how many new troll accounts will appear during the time the entire Samsung trial is on. When you make a guess you agree to contribute a 6-pack of beer. If you want to make more than one guess, you can, each guess costs one 6-pack. Only members with 500+ posts can guess.   When the verdict is handed down, we wait another 2 days for the aftershocks to go away (all the people still...
 Shouldn't open your mouth about things if you don't know what you're talking about. There are a lot of patents involving ABS, and automakers do actually license them (both from each other and from component manufacturers like Delphi, Bosch and Seimens). NOBODY has an overall patent on "ABS" just like nobody has a patent on "word processing" or "spreadsheets".