or Connect

Posts by EricTheHalfBee

Why do people always worry about Apple having a large portion of their business tied to a single product (iPhone)? What about Google? Their entire company rests on a single product - advertising. They are far more susceptible than Apple to brig affected by a downturn of their most successful product.
And so it begins.   I don't think the Android watch makers are prepared for the onslaught of high quality Apps and the features they bring that iOS developers will come up with for the Apple Watch.   I, for one, am looking forward to seeing new ideas. Right now I'm not sold on getting a smartwatch, but I could be convinced if I see something new and go "wow, I never thought of that".
Wait a second. You can afford to have 3 AC units plumbed in for 3 zones in your house and you're complaining about the cost of a thermostat?
The source is deafening. No comments on Nexus beings "hardware reference" when they made the phone 32bit and the tablet 64bit? Talk about fragmentation for developers.
 Yet they made one serious mistake this year. They introduced a 64bit tablet and a 32bit phone. Is Google telling us that phones should be 32bit and tablets should be 64bit? How can developers utilize Nexus devices as a "hardware reference platform" when they didn't even give them the same processor architecture?
Nowhere have I stated that DEDs article is 100% factual. I tend to steer away from the opinion side of things and deal with what I feel is the real topic at hand - the superiority of Apple processors. How they may or may not affect affect other companies business is of no concern to me.The poster I responded to "tooltalk" does little other than produce troll comments. It's beyond ironic to call a DED article bullshit when the person commenting is even worse.Do you have...
You obviously can't compare x86 to MIPS to ARM clock speeds since the processors are fundamentally different. However, the Denver K1 and A7/8 are both ARMv8 processors. It's perfectly fair to compare their performance per clock. Especially when performance per clock is what Nvidia was hyping when talking about the Denver K1 compared to OTHER ARM processors. Nvidia obviously thinks it's a fair comparison, so the question is, why don't you?The K1 is fast not because of...
 I already corrected that above. And no, she does not know more than me considering she refuses to get into any in-depth processor architecture discussions and continues to diminish the significance of Apple's processors.  Please. It's only faster because it's clocked a full 1.0GHz higher. 66% faster clock than the A8X and only 5% faster. This despite Nvidias constant hyping of the Denver K1 and the fact it's supposed to be more efficient and do more work per clock cycle...
I do remember something about that now that you mentioned it.Regardless, Relic has on numerous occasions tried to downplay the significance of Apple A Series processor when compared to the likes of Qualcomm or Nvidia. These are details I'm concerned about as I don't understand why people are so determined to distort the obvious truth about the superiority of Apple processors.
Same reason he left out the countless other processor and SoC manufacturers out there who already dominate those markets. Nvidia's presence in those areas is minuscule.For example, ones I've worked with include Freescale, Siemens, Infineon and ST Micro.