or Connect

Posts by EricTheHalfBee

In other news, with iOS and Android having an equal number of users, iOS users still accounted for 70% of sales. Yet ANOTHER metric that shows iOS users spend more and do more with their devices than Android users.
Just hurry up and release them already. My daughters need them for school and I hate the idea of buying a current Macbook Air when a new model is coming (unless there's a price drop).
 You have any links to patents that describe a headset with a slide in smartphone? Like the Samsung Gear VR or this Apple patent?
The trolls are going to have a heyday with this patent claiming Apple copied Samsung. Until they see the filing date of 2008. BAM
 That makes some sense. But they could simply say "We have authorized certain vehicles with special equipment to be used on the roads - the license you provided is one of those vehicles. You have nothing to worry about" without giving away any information about who owns the vehicle.
 What business is it of the motor vehicle department to confirm a license plate belongs to a certain individual or company? I had a situation in the past where I spotted vandals and got the license plate and wanted to find out who they were. The motor vehicle department said they weren't allowed to release any information and I had to give the license plate to the police, who would then be able to follow up on it. Seems sketchy to me.
You have limited space on your steering wheel. So you either set up the available controls for popular functions and are left going back to the touchscreen for others (which is useless) or you set up a menu system for wheel controls to get more than one function available (which is also stupid because it requires an extra step - select function THEN adjust).If you study ergonomics in controls you'll find the rotary dial is pretty much the best method for changing settings....
They don't point to ANYTHING since they're all just rumours at this point. Apple has a bunch of engineers from various disciplines in automotive. That's ALL we know.People are taking this to the extreme in thinking Apple will start making cars.
Yeah, she was probably getting tired of seeing Apple dominate in processors.And to find out the Denver K1 (which she hyped to no end, and which I criticized just as much) turned out to be nowhere near as good as Nvidia hyped. Or the fact Nvidia has ALREADY dropped it in favor of "vanilla" ARM A53/57 cores.
I'm convinced because I work in this industry. We have mechanical engineers even though our primary work is electronics and software. Having a mechanical engineer as your head doesn't mean you're making mechanical devices. They could be there because they have a good OVERALL understanding of automotive.I'm aware of the right steering wheel controls, which are just as stupid. They are still slower than just turning a knob on your dash.