or Connect

Posts by EricTheHalfBee

If you want to do business there, you have to play by their rules. A lot of people don't like the US patent system (and think the European one is superior), but if companies want to do business in the US they abide by US rules. No point in complaining about it. Unless you think that every country in the world should align their laws so that everything from patents to copyright to antitrust to taxes is the same no matter where you go.  However, I was surprised by this....
 He can't. Samsung USED to provide these numbers, but they stopped after the dismal failure that was the GS5 and Note 4.
Don't forget the time Samsung announced 9 million per-orders for the GS3, then announced 10 million sales in under 2 months (55 days). So I gues it took 54 days to sell the other 1 million after the first 9 million were pre-orders?This idiot doesn't understand the difference between customers purchasing a device and retailers placing stock orders. Obviously that 9 million was stock purchases which were spread out over 55 days of actual customer sales. But it sure looks...
Regardless of all the rumors and speculation about what the logo and tagline mean, we are still faced with one undeniable fact about this summer:   All we'll hear about from WWDC on are news articles about Apple/iOS/iPhone. This will continue all summer long starting with the iOS 9 Beta releases followed by the "leaked" images of the next iPhone. Apple will dominate tech news for several months up until the iPhone actually gets released. Followed by even more articles....
I said this after IBM/Apple announced their Enterprise partnership - just wait until they bring Watson into the picture. This is a good start. Imagine in the future where Siri is connected to Watson for various industries. If you're a doctor (for example) you can query Watson on a medical condition or symptom. IBM/Apple could charge a subscription for professional to access specific markets they bring Watson into.
Except the Macbook runs a real OS (not some crappy browser based Apps). And though many won't run Photoshop (or other more powerful software or even games) at least they have the option to. No such option with a Chromebook.
Took my wife down to try them on today for her birthday present (maybe not such a good idea). What was originally going to be a Sport Watch with Sport Band ended up being a stainless with the Milanese loop and a second sport band for when she's running. When she saw the watch in person and the different bands her eyes lit up. I must agree with others, you really need to see them in person. The black stainless with the link bracelet looks really nice. I wasn't planning on...
 You must have missed my post earlier. The Samsung Store by me has a huge LED TV set up in the mall outside their store with a banner that reads "The phone worth lining up for". Then there's the "Matrix style" security guards. Oh, and the fact previous Galaxy S launches DID in fact have lines, especially in places like Sydney where everyone gets the phone first (reviewers, iFixit and others usually source their phones from here as well, to get a head start on their...
This is the funniest thing I've seen at the MR thread, esp after my own experience with no line-ups at my local Samsung Store.   Tweeted by Craig Federighi himself.   https://twitter.com/_HairForceOne/status/586313943943000064/photo/1    
They can bring Android Wear to iOS but that doesn't mean anyone will actually use it. There are very few Android Wear devices out there, and most of them were probably bought by die-hard Android fans who'd never go near an iPhone. Then again, it would be funny if sales of Android Wear devices took off and iOS users buying them surpassed Android users. What a slap to the face that would be.