or Connect

Posts by EricTheHalfBee

You can download AOSP and remove large portions of the code leaving only the bare minimum you need. Then add in any additional features you require (like secure encrypted communication) and modify what's remaining to perform only the functions you require.A criminal/terrorist group could write their own bare-bones OS just for communicating with their own ranks. The NSA would have no way of knowing if such on OS even existed unless they got their hands on an actual...
Meh.   It's obvious terrorist organizations would use Android. That's because they can modify it to do what they wish.   Organizations that need customized security (the US military, for example) have also used modified versions of Android in the past.   While it's a fact that Android isn't as secure as iOS, I highly doubt that people using Android should fear terrorists getting information from their devices just because criminals/terrorists are also using it. Their...
Where's GatorGuy? How many times has he run his trap claiming there's no "proof" MS actually collects royalties from Samsung (or anyone else) over MS IP in Android. Or that Android even infringes MS IP?   No, seriously, he has actually stated that numerous times. Would love to hear his spin on this case.
 What would cause a supplier not to give Apple what they need? Are you suggesting that someone like Samsung would play games and cut off Apple? Would never happen. They would shot themselves in the foot and nobody else would ever trust them again to supply parts if they ran their business like 12 year olds and ignored contracts with customers. If you're referring to something larger (political or natural disaster) then there's nothing Apple (or anyone else) could do to...
 It fits your original comment which stated "The title is indeed somewhat misleading as there are no real world examples of this vulnerability being used by malware." I'm dying for you to tell me how you know there are no real world examples.  On a related note: - If you download apps from Google Play and avoid third party sites, then you won't get malware.- If you're too stupid to check the permissions of an app you install, you deserve to get malware.- Google will fix...
  I have never had a malware issue on my Windows PC. I guess that means Windows malware doesn't exist, and nobody has ever exploited it, right? Android is a clusterfu&^ of an OS. A patched together hobbled pile of doo doo. Google is NOT Apple (or Microsoft), who have combined close to 70 years of OS development experience.
Moving the goal posts again. I clearly stated that Samsung sells half as many phones as Samsung. Why are trying to turn this into Android vs the iPhone when the article is clearly about Apple and Samsung?Except that I stated Samsung vs Apple.However I'll play along. It's been said Samsung outsells Motorola, LG and HTC combined.Therefore, the iPhone outsells the top 4 Android manufacturers COMBINED.
 In what universe do you live in where selling half as many phones as Apple is "dominating"?
 Bingo.  Wouldn't work anymore. The smartphone market has matured and there's not much more you could copy. Besides, if they were stupid enough to make something as blatant as the original Galaxy S was, then Samsung would look like fools. And Apple would likely be very successful in getting a new case to fast-track through the courts and get injunctions while they mattered.
 Square isn't designed to take on and eliminate the big processors. Why would a store that has Moneris (popular terminal in Canada) also start using Square? There's no advantage to them. I didn't mention Square to claim they are an alternative to Moneris. I brought them up as an example of a small company that was able to set up their own payment system that's meeting the requirements of banks and credit card companies to offer an alternative to the big payment...