or Connect

Posts by EricTheHalfBee

Gee, didn't I just list basically the same things the other day in response to someone mentioning the Neonode? I'll say it straight up: if you think the Neonode version of slide to lock in any way resembled Apples version, or that Apples version isn't clearly and obviously superior, than you're an idiot.
 So wait a second. He's claiming patents are written to make them hard to discover by other companies, yet he successfully finds prior art on a Microsoft patent in 10 minutes? So what's he complaining about then, if he was able to find prior art on a patent so easily? Software engineers are more likely to oppose software patents? Bull. I'm a software engineer and most of the people I work with are in favor of patents. There are a few people I know against them, but they...
Apple outsells Samsung at the high end by over 2:1 (Galaxy S and variants hit 200 million recently according to Samsung's own announcement while iPhone sales over the exact same time period as the Galaxy was 430 million).   Samsung is a distant second place to Apple and 3rd, 4th and 5th are so far behind they're hardly even relevant.   I don't see how anyone could assume that Apple is "concerned" considering the sales numbers they're consistently putting up.
No they don't. They want simple people easily swayed. People who understand patents would get the true depth of Samsung's IP theft.
So Apple, IBM, Microsoft and others formed their own advocacy group regarding patents (specifically software patents).   One of the jurors is a former IBM software systems manager.   How long after the guilty verdict can we expect Samsung to declare a mistrial over this jury member? After they let Hogan stay (even though they had a chance to question him during "voir dire", I'm expecting the same behavior this time around.
Funny how here and all the tech sites there are people looking for any reason to try and spin this as a negative. There is no downside here - it's a big win for MS and Apple. And a huge gaping hole for Android, who doesn't have any productivity suite that's even half as good.   I bought Office 365 Home. $100 per year and I get it on 5 PC's. Everyone at home gets the extra 20GB OneDrive storage and you also get 60 minutes of Skype free every month. And on your PC you also...
 You've got to be kidding me. Are you that dense, or are you simply trolling? First off, I told you specifically how to find MS's indemnity document which explains what is and isn't covered (and I mentioned above that mobile and embedded is covered). Yet you ignored that and still continue on with the assumption that embedded isn't covered. Let me make this really clear for you. Here's an article where they talked to David Kaefer (whom you quoted) and he explains that...
Here's an interesting point that someone on another forum made:   If I'm a smartphone vendor I have two choices:   - Pay MS a royalty per device and use Android without an indemnification policy. - Use Windows Phone for free and get indemnification.   Quite the choice when you look at it that way.
 If you read MS's policy I posted about it includes "Mobility and embedded OEM/embedded distributor".
 Do a Google search for "microsoft indemnity agreement". It's the first link that appears and it's a .doc file (I was going to embed the link but it's too long). This is from Microsoft. However, it's a little hard to follow at times. There have been many articles online about the practical implications of this policy. Most recently relating to Android and WebM (two products that Google does not indemnify users of, yet still claims are not patent encumbered). MS challenged...