or Connect

Posts by EricTheHalfBee

This decision has no effect on me. I don't own any Samsung or Apple stock so I have nothing to gain/lose financially from this. None of my Apple devices will change functionality since this decision either.   So why am I feeling so happy?   Simple. Just knowing how many trolls, haters and other useless posters in countles forums around the world are going to be fuming over this all weekend long kinda brings a smile to my face. It's hot and sunny here and I'm...
Complete bull. If Obama doesn't VETO this then he's nothing but a protectionist.   opps, /S for those who don't get it.
  Bloomberg has a few nice quotes from Apple/Samsung legal arguments going on today:   “If it’s so easy to design around and you’re not selling these, why is it any harm?” asked Circuit Judge Kathleen O’Malley.   or   “The owner of a trivial patent has no reasonable expectation of more than trivial compensation" from Google. The hypocrisy in that statement is unbelievable.     Don't need to. We all know the Nexus 7's are junk. The previous one had terrible quality - why...
  You can't be that dense. We're not talking about the GENERIC concept of mobile payments. We're talking about Samsung making their App LOOK LIKE Apple's passbook App instead of coming up with their own design.     They can develop their own OS but they can't even design a few icons? Not just for Passbook but for the original Galaxy S (which totally ripped several icons from iOS).
AI should clarify the part about the judgement being partially vacated. First the amount is wrong. It was changed to $400 million from $450 million. Second, Samsung's guilt is already decided. The new trial is only to calculate damages - this was the part Koh thinks there was an error with. So Apple could get the same, more or less.
  Do you have any official positions for all those companies you listed? Because I can find statements for the ones I listed.   Nokia doesn't agree with Motorola. Nokia and Ericsson are in the middle. They don't like injunctions but see them as an option when necessary (after negotiations have failed). Motorola and Samsung see injunctions as something that should be available in all circumstances. For example, Samsung looking for an iPhone 5 ban even before it was...
Who said anything about a poll? How about all the letters of support and amicus curiae that supported Apples position? I'm sure you know all about them - you just choose to ignore them.The only companies/entities that support Google:Motorola are a bunch of has-beens or groups Google has a stake in. I don't know of anyone credible that supports Google. Perhaps you could list a few?
Didn't I just say all that? Except for the part where it was fixed.What I'm talking about is the huge problem the fandroids made it out to be. And on many tech blogs today they're now trying to play this down as a minor issue. Again the usual hypocrisy from the haters.
This is the study I was referring to. So if Google knows of 106 million in Q2 2013 (that's being generous, it's likely below 100 million), then who's selling the other 90 million or so Android devices? I'll tell you - they are all the devices with no access to Google Play. I wonder what Google thinks of so many Android devices out there that aren't tied into their ecosystem. And this 90 million is ON TOP of all the junk devices that ARE connected to Google Play but aren't...
  Wait, KD assured us that Samsung made no such offer to tie patents together in order to make a deal. After all, he read all 1,500 pages on the matter so he should know.   Who should I believe? The shill who claims to have read "everything there is to know" about the case, or the comments from an actual judge on the panel that made the decision. Gee, that's a tough one.       Some would call it reverse hold up. Unfortunately for you, most don't. Like MS, Cisco, Intel,...