or Connect

Posts by EricTheHalfBee

Waiting for someone to take the total paid out and divide that by the number of Apps to conclude developers aren't making any money from iOS.
Ridiculous study. For example, GG posted a link to an Android music production App with a very high "star" rating in response to my claim Android was useless for audio work. I checked the App out and it was horrible. It was lacking so many basic features that even the worst rated iOS App had. So much for star ratings. I'll have to find that thread as it's suddenly relevant.
People getting riled up over nothing. As I posted before, nobody is going to run Android in their car. What they will do is make sure Android devices can properly integrate with your car to provide a seamless experience from your mobile device to the car. Same thing with iOS.   Look at GM, for example. They have already committed to iOS In The Car. They also just announced their own App Store for HMTL Apps to run on their in-dash system along with OnStar. And now they...
 No, that's the percentage of devices that accessed Google Play the last 7 days. Google no longer shows the graph like they used to where it listed the ACTUAL percentage of ALL devices that exist. Of course, when Google talks about activations they still like to list ALL devices since that represents a much bigger number. Even when using their "revised" numbers Google is still all over the place. - 18.6% running some version of ICS (Google no longer separates the ICS...
 No, you mentioned them in terms of FOSS (and I see you edited your post as well). Wait, are you going to try to use a logical fallacy? If I say I can't find any cases of VP9 infringing then you're going to claim that it doesn't? Do you think we're stupid enough to fall for your tricks after seeing you use them countless times in the past? Don't worry, one year from now when we find out Google was again lying and stealing I'll make sure to revive this post for you. Of...
 Still obtuse as ever. How about the Microsoft patents that virtually EVERY SINGLE Android OEM pays license fees to MS to use (including heavyweights like Samsung). The ones where Google was crying like a baby saying MS was "extorting" fees from OEM's. Google claimed Android was free as well. Turns out it's far from free.
 Please. These are vendors who make devices that would use VP9, not companies who have donated or somehow provided the patents and IP necessary to make VP9 work. Android has a long list of hardware partners as well, but it has nothing to do with whether or not Android has stolen IP in it or if it's FOSS.
 Of course it would be a small amount. MPEG-LA charges very low rates for using H.264. This is why Google trying to force another useless standard down our throats ridiculous and self-serving. Claiming that VP8 is "free" and offers an advantage over H.264 (which CAN cost money for some users) is a very weak argument for the use of VP8. MPEG-LA has many provisions in place to use H.264 for FREE. Once you get to enough users/devices where you'd have to pay, the fees are...
Not sure what else they'll give out, but Hugo alone was worth it. I almost bought it for the kids over Christmas break so they'd have something new (and worthwhile) to watch. The kids also like Tiny Thief.   Anything else I get is a bonus.
 Did you read through those links at all? They're not talking about Android as the OS in your car - they're talking about running Android ON TOP OF a Linux kernel inside of a "container". This way an Android application could run, but if it becomes unstable it can't bring down the device that's running it (your infotainment system). Android as itself is simply not reliable for use as the primary OS in your car. iOS is also incapable of being your primary OS. Neither of...