or Connect

Posts by EricTheHalfBee

Normally I'd think this would be difficult to make where it's both durable and compact. Then I remembered liquid metal. An ideal use would be for a bayonet mount. It could be very small and yet still have good strength. And why does the bayonet have to protrude? Why not have it flush where there's a "notch" in the phone body that the lens attaches to?
 So what you're saying is that you completely fabricated that 3-4X performance number. I'll go out on a limb and predict the Airmont SoC for mobile (not the one for laptops) will only be 50% faster than the current Z3770. We can come back to this thread in several months when it's out to see who's right (if you're still here).
 Where do you get this stuff from? A single A7 core is actually about 40% faster than a single Z3770 core. The only reason the Z3770 is faster overall than an A7 is because it has 4 cores and is clocked higher (similar to Exynos or Qualcomm). What's impressive about needing double the cores and higher clock to get a measly 20% overall increase in performance? And this is based on raw processor scores. Look at results from actual applications and the A7 looks even...
So is the former IBM employee going to be the one Samsung and their legion of fans vilify for "helping" the jury to understand patents? Who will Samsung "knowingly" leave on the jury as an excuse for a possible mistrial?
Say what? All ARMv8 defines is an instruction set. Apple built a processor that runs ArMv8 faster than ARM's own cores can. Nothing in any ARM documentation will tell you how many instructions the A7 can do at once or how deep the pipeline is.What a load of crap. I knew there was a reason I blocked you, but after seeing this drivel quoted I couldn't let you get away with posting lies.Qualcomm Snapdragon processors only stay equal with the A7 because a) they have twice the...
I've stated all along that Apple's A7 is light years ahead of what Samsung and Qualcomm are doing.   I also stated previously that the A7 is so good that they don't really need to improve it. An A8 could simply be Apple's first quad core SoC using 4 A7 cores. Or they could ramp up the A7 clock to 2.0GHz and slightly tweak the design. Both would again give them a decent performance increase without a lot of effort.   I think the next big re-design will be reserved for...
Then you admit there's nothing better. I did search Google Play and I already know Android has nothing to compete with Office. So unless you know of some obscure suite that nobody knows about, or doesn't come up under normal searches, then I'm calling you a liar.You're simply afraid if you actually list a specific app that I (and others) are going to run out and try it to see if it really is as good,. And when we find out it isn't you'll be exposed.
Of course Samsung would argue patents are worth little. Any company that wants to use another's IP would love this - it's basically saying all IP is free to use by anyone (by free I mean next to nothing, or a fee so small it has no monetary impact on your products). Then we have Google who think if you invent something that becomes wildly popular that it should become a "standard" and licensed accordingly. Even if the patent owner doesn't want to license their IP, they...
So you searched through the 20 benchmarks to find one where they were close? Figures.The A7 is only dual core (where the Bay Trail in the T100 is quad core). The Air's A7 runs at 1.4GHZ while the Bay Trail in the T100 is anywhere from 1.33-1.86GHz (jumping often to 1.86GHz when running benchmarks or more demanding tasks). I'd say it's very embarrassing to have a quad core processor running at a significantly higher clock speed from the king of processor design (Intel) that...
Anandtech lists all the T100 benchmark results in the iPad Air review. It's quite embarrassing how badly the Air beats the T100.I'll trust those results before you saying things like "the T100 is very snappy".