or Connect

Posts by EricTheHalfBee

You mean like GG? A poster who knows absolutely nothing about the underlying architecture of Android or how to code for it, yet posts up opinions as if they were facts? And when you try to engage him he switches lanes as he lacks the technical knowledge to go beneath the surface?If so I agree.
DroidFTW and Gatorguy. I know neither of you are developers, but do you have any acquaintances that are? If so, then ask them to log into their developer account at Google. Then head over to distribution and see the percentages for Apps they developed and compare them to Google's distribution. And if we have any other developers here I encourage them to do the same (I'll be posting after the weekend from the office - I need to remove identifying info for clients before...
 No, you're the one who's confused. I'll make it really simple for you: - Google used to count a device whenever the device checked in with Google (for example, to look for updates).- Google now only counts devices when a user specifically visits the Play store (like browsing for Apps). From Google's announcement when they made the change:  This was all explained back when they made the change. As I stated above, your phone can get updates and still not get counted....
 No way to really know how much is due to kernel exploits. I used the term "kernel" to refer to the base OS itself, outside of Google Play Services. Google Play has no ability to modify the kernel so any past (or future) exploits outside of Google Play will not be able to get updates via Google Play. All Verify Apps/Google Play will do is get the people writing malware to specifically target areas of Android that are outside their control.
If you bothered to read more about it you'd realize the "fix" in ICS was so half baked it wasn't really a fix. They did the equivalent of installing a lock on the front door but leaving the keys under the mat. There are numerous articles about how poor ASLR was in ICS. It was fully fixed in JB.No need to post something I already know. The bottom line is Google only counts devices where the user initiates access. Google used to count all automatic access (for example, if...
80%? Where did you get that figure from. According to Google, it's 64%. And as I'm sure you remember, Google changed the way they calculate the percentage of users on each version. They used to count ALL devices. Now they only count devices that SPECIFICALLY visited Google Play within the previous 7 days (in other words, the user visited the Store). Of course, when Google made this accounting change we suddenly had an increase in reported users on newer versions and a...
DING DING DINGWe have a winner. Funny to see the uninformed responses claiming you're wrong. Google Play Servics IS NOT the Android kernel, and it can't make changes to the kernel to correct security flaws.
You know exactly how to do that since it's you're trademark. Don't get offended when someone returns the favor.You shouldn't talk about security when you know nothing about how OS's are designed. For starters read this:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Address_space_layout_randomizationOnly Android JB has fully implemented this feature.
There, fixed another one of your posts.
If you're part of the OHA you're not allowed to release a device running a forked version of Android. So that means Samsung can sell Android, Windows or Tizen phones. Now it appears Google doesn't even want to share the same device with another OS. It makes sense. Nothing will show a user how utterly $hitty Android is then to run it on the same device as Windows and let the user experience the glaring shortcomings first hand. And people wonder why Apple says they won't...