or Connect

Posts by EricTheHalfBee

That's what you get for using software based encryption (Android) instead of hardware (Apple).   Funny that Apple has had on-device hardware encryption since the 3GS. How many years ago did that phone come out?
 No, they'll buy the Samsung anyway. The only reason they whine online about SD cards and batteries is because the iPhone lacks them. It gives them another check mark on their "dealbreaker must have feature lists". Then they'll turn around and lie online they bought something else besides the S6 so they won't look like hypocrites.
Lots of love for British Columbia, Canada. I saw three shots on Apple's page from my backyard. :)
Has nobody here ever swiped a chip/PIN card to see what happens?   If you attempt to swipe a card that has a chip/PIN, and the terminal supports chip/PIN, then the terminal will immediately prompt you that swipe is not allowed and you MUST insert your chip. If the terminal is an older style WITHOUT chip/PIN, then you can still swipe a newer chip/PIN card.   If you have a chip/PIN card number loaded into LoopPay, and you wave your Samsung phone in front of a newer...
Apple would need to allow the Apple Watch to interface DIRECTLY with the vehicle through their existing systems. Remote unlocking via smartphone is handy for certain situations, but keyless entry needs to be instant. Nobody is going to wait around their car waiting for a signal from your watch/phone to a central server and then down to your car to open your doors. Even if it only took a couple seconds, that's still too long.   I think it would be very difficult to...
 Where did I say Ericsson is demanding cross-licensing? My comment was a reply to yours stating cross-licensing is not illegal. However, in some cases it can actually be (in the case of SEP's). And I'm not ignoring anything. Funny how you can take a single sentence of mine and extrapolate that out and form a complete and detailed opinion of what I think about this case.
 And you'd be mistaken if you think it's OK to demand cross-licensing in exchange for access to SEP's.
 "More than you can afford, pal. Apple".
Makes sense. If the A9 uses the package-on-package assembly, then the SoC and DRAM would be manufactured together.   I don't really care who fabs processors for Apple. As long as they are using the best available process and can make them in quantity.
 Because people would normally use Touch ID to unlock their phone and ONLY use the PIN under certain circumstances (like dirty hands, wet fingers, wearing gloves or something that would prevent Touch ID from working). That makes it very difficult for a crook to intercept (such as by using a camera in a store to record you entering a PIN or a crook looking over your shoulder) since it's not something you use all the time to unlock/authorize.