or Connect

Posts by EricTheHalfBee

So Apple provides a framework to standardize game controllers, and the first two out are only so-so. They're blowing a great opportunity here by releasing mediocre hardware. Perhaps Apple should make a quality controller. Or better yet, Nintendo.
 You do realize that there are companies that specialize in reverse engineering a chip just by getting a sample of one? They can take the physical chip and by removing layers and imaging the chip they can actually construct a schematic diagram of all the transistors. I went back to Chipworks and found their capabilities are far beyond what I thought. This is exactly what they are capable of doing. When Chipworks looked at the A7 it was more of a publicity stunt. They image...
 They sure did have access to it. See below...  You have to understand how processors are designed. Engineers use software to lay out the processor. The end result is sort of like a blueprint, if you will (or like an AutoCAD drawing, only much, much more complex and detailed). Samsung would use this blueprint to manufacture the processor. It wouldn't be too hard to look at the registers (which are just memory) and determine from the number and layout of transistors how...
 Remember when Chipworks "examined" the A7 die to get an idea how it works? I guarantee you Samsung would know a lot more than Chipworks would since they make the processor. They might not know how it would perform or how many instructions it can do per clock (6, BTW), but they'd definitely know it was 64 bit along with how much cache it had and many other details.  That's not what I said. I said they could be sampling the processors and then asked Samsung to ramp up to...
That would have been me. I'm sure Apple has more than a few designs going at any given time that it asks Samsung to build in sample quantities. I'm sure Samsung knew about the A7 being 64bit but they were caught off guard by the fact Apple planned to use it so soon.All Samsung would know about is the processor itself. They had no access to iOS 7 and didn't realize Apple completely re-wrote it for 64bit. That would have tipped Apple's plans to actually release the A7.
 As a person from a Native background I find your username highly offensive. You're a fucking racist POS. Probably going to get a ban for it, but at this point I don't care.
How about selling out as an artist to a corrupt company?There were numerous reports of complaints about Samsung 's App for their promotion. It crashed for many, wouldn't download the music for others and was found to be collecting data on users. I wonder if the bad press over all the problems made up for whatever money Jay-Z made?Meanwhile Beyoncé announces a surprise album and it breaks records.As Rogifan said, iTunes is still relevant.
I mentioned this a few days ago and wondered what Jay-Z will think when this album sets sales records (compared to his stupid Samsung stunt with his album Magna Carta).
The significance of this isn't that she released an album on iTunes. It's that Jay-Z did something similar this summer when he released Magna Carta through that stupid Samsung App (that crashed, didn't download songs for others, and collected lots of personal information).   The real difference between these album releases (besides the sales) is this:   - Samsung paid Jay-Z a huge chunk of money for the publicity stunt of having his album available to Samsung users...
China Labor Watch said the boy was assessed on Sept 4th and was found healthy but died in October. What are they trying to imply? That it's rare for someone to get sick and due in only one month? That he was healthy one day and died since starting work so work must be the reason?