or Connect

Posts by EricTheHalfBee

I don't have an aversion to WiFi - I have an aversion to trying to connect a large number of devices to a single router over WiFi. I have used several routers over the years and they have all worked great, but I've had issues when I lived in a condo because everyone had a router. Over a hundred routers in a high-rise makes for a lot of interference and overlapping channels. I actually switched several devices back to wired as I often had connection issues or bandwidth...
It won't do the remote checking or opening for the UPS guy. That's what traditional connections are for (like power line networking, which works without having to put WiFi in the garage).However, an iBeacon will detect when your iPhone leaves the garage and can close your garage door if you forget. Likewise an iBeacon could lock your front door as soon as you leave the house.
 There are two types of iBeacons - those that are "dumb" and only transmit and those that allow data transfer between your iPhone and the iBeacon. I don't need an iBeacon on my fridge, but an iBeacon in every room that automatically configures my iPhone depending on where I am is one application. There are lots of advanced remote controls that allow you to save multiple setups. You switch setups based on where you are (one for the home theatre in the living room and one...
iBeacons are the cheapest and easiest way for an iPhone to determine where you are in your house. Adding location awareness to home automation is how I think Apple will differentiate themselves from everyone else.
One word: iBeacons
I think DED left out a few things. Google received their initial funding from two venture capitalists with nothing more than patent protection for their search algorithm. Without this patent it's very unlikely Google could have convinced anyone to give then any cash. DED is correct about the main point of this article - that Google only exists today because of a single patent. They never would have got off the ground nor survived against competitors without patent...
No. But try explaining that to the ignorant trolls.
Why are people wasting time responding to that troll JeffDenver? I've owned his a$$ countless times on BGR and now I see he's up to his usual tricks again. All he'll do is post a bunch of garbage and run away like the little coward he is. It's his MO.
The articles I've seen claim they can get past Activation Lock to get access to the phone, but the SIM still doesn't work. The reason the SIM doesn't work is because their fake servers don't have the ability to activate a device. Which means the phone is useless as it doesn't really work. If course they're claiming they'll have a fix for the SIM issue, but I have to wonder: what are all those people doing with iPhones that can't make phone calls or connect to any cellular...