or Connect

Posts by EricTheHalfBee

I saw OpenGL 3.0ES mentioned in the article (and that iOS 7 supports it on the iPhone 5s) but I didn't see anywhere that the Galaxy GS4 only supports OpenGL 3.0 if it's the Snapdragon version. The Exynos Octa does not support OpenGL 3.0 since the hardware (GPU specifically) doesn't.   More fail from Samsung - GS4's made with the Octa (which is the faster SoC according to benchmarks) lack support for the latest version of OpenGL.
It makes sense the A7 is TSMC. Apple could still place a large order for the A6 with Samsung for the 5C and iPad Mini so Samsung wouldn't even notice a significant change in A6 requests to signify anything's going on. I think Samsung is truly surprised by the A7.   I'd like an A7X in the Apple TV. That would give it the necessary power to be a decent gaming device as well. And Apple could make the Apple TV an exclusive 64bit machine. Open it up to App developers (like so...
So what will Apple stock do on Monday when they announce "We sold x million iPhones on launch weekend" like they always do? If they sell 3 million it will drop because it's not enough. If they sell 5 million it will drop because they ran out of stock and have production problems. If they sell 7 million the stock will drop as these represent all the people due for an upgrade and sales will plummet next quarter. Did I miss any?
So the article about 64 bit was correct, but boy were they wrong about their claimed 31% speed improvement.
 Yes there is. It's this little thing called "making a FRAND offer". You can't make an offer that's so ridiculous that no company would ever accept it and then try and use their refusal to accept extortionist demands as a reason to seek an injunction. Even the companies that think injunctions are OK mostly agree that they should be used when attempts to negotiate a license have failed. And you can't go for the injunction first and use that as a hammer to extort higher fees.
 Please show me any case where a licensor like Motorola could have received anywhere near the amount they were asking from Microsoft. And I don't want to see some stupid chart with percentages - I want to see dollar figures. Percentages mean nothing as it doesn't show other details like rate changes vs units sold (quantity discount) or caps on fees (like MPEG-LA has). If Motorola was indeed making so much money from licensing patents to other companies at the rate they...
If Apple opens up the next Apple TV to third party Apps it'll be game over fir this or any other set top box.
Yes, but the ITC isn't a court. In Europe Samsung went through the regular courts against Apple.If Samsung is stupid enough to go through a US court for an injunction then see what happens. All Samsung can do is sue Apple for licensing fees Apple admits they already owe. And I don't think Samsung wants a court to decide - look what happened to Motorola.
 Please show me the court decision in the US where Apple was found guilty of violating a 3G patent belonging to Samsung.
 No, the EU is simply giving Samsung the opportunity to make suggestions. If their suggestions aren't tough enough the EU will soon get fed up and impose their own version of what Samsung needs to do (fines, change of business practices and so on).  The funniest part about all of this? Samsung never did get anywhere in Europe with these cases. They had several filed (I think 4-5) against the iPhone 5 seeking an injunction based on SEP's. They then suddenly dropped all...