or Connect

Posts by EricTheHalfBee

Not quite. If Obama didn't veto the ban, then Samsung could have gone ahead to enforce it. Since it never got that far, the DOJ didn't need to go any further. So Obama sort of prevented Samsung from doing anything anti-competitive by taking away their ability to seek a ban. Samsung isn't off the hook, since the DOJ said it will continue to monitor Samsung in future patent cases. Which is interesting since 2 of the 4 patents in the March trial between Samsung and Apple are...
Doubt it. When the Olympics were in Vancouver, Visa was a sponsor. You couldn't use any other credit card to buy tickets to events. Pissed me off as my MC has a higher limit since I use it more which meant I could only try to get tickets for a couple events before I maxed out.
Come on, would it have been too much work to color the Apple logos to match the rings?
In other words for something useful.
 The others were sued involving a procedure to actually manufacture the chips (it had to do with metals leeching into silicon during manufacture). And that procedure is applied to any type of chip, not just for processors. Samsung wouldn't license the '752 patent since Samsung doesn't design any processor that advanced. Their mobile processors are all ARM designs and their smaller processors (as used in simpler devices like appliances) don't have a need for advanced...
 Did everyone else on your list also settle over this exact same patent? I doubt it, and it appears you just wanted to add a bunch of names to your list to imply that Apple was using something that everyone else in this field already knew and licensed.
Wait, Apple doesn't design their processors. They only use ARM designs that Samsung makes for them. How come Apple is getting sued over something they didn't create? /S
I think the more interesting thing about an A8 is not who makes it, but how well it performs.   The A7 is already so far ahead of Samsung, Qualcomm & ARM that even their newest processors likely won't be able to catch up. And if Apple again doubles up on performance for the A8 things are going to look embarrassing for everyone else making ARM chips.     Something I saw posted at another troll-infested site. But very relevant.
Starting right on time with the "inflated expectations" so when Apple barely misses they have a reason to claim Apple is doomed.
So is McDonalds for burgers. Doesn't mean they make great burgers. I sure as hell won't eat there.