or Connect

Posts by EricTheHalfBee

One thing people are missing. Apple has to be very careful about what changes they make. When iOS 7 hits it will be on hundreds of millions of devices within weeks of release. If Apple gets it right then their entire user base is happy with their upgrade to iOS 7. If they get it wrong then they can also upset their entire user base. Android doesn't have this problem because of the delays in getting updates out. So if they make a major mistake it only affects a small...
  What about a company trying to abuse the court system by constant appeals and delays to delay the inevitable - having to pay up (like Samsung does with Apple - copy now, pay way, way later).
Waiting for GG to claim Google never initiates anything.
blah blah blah....   Who cares what evidence has been released or what the e-mails say - nobody here knows if Apple is guilty or not.   The disturbing fact about this case is the actions of the DOJ who seem content to try this case in the court of public opinion by releasing bits & pieces of evidence to make Apple look guilty. Or having a judge make a comment about Apple's guilt without even having seen all the evidence herself (she admitted it). That's just...
""I believe that the government will be able to show at trial direct evidence that Apple knowingly participated in and facilitated a conspiracy to raise prices of e-books, and that the circumstantial evidence in this case, including the terms of the agreements, will confirm that," "circumstanstial" So the judge has an opinion based on some of the evidence which is circumstantial? Why does the DOJ insist on releasing snippets of e-mails that look bad on their own, but in...
  Only thing demonstrably false is your post.   Software patents were around a lot longer than the "early to mid 1990's" as you state. In fact, decisions and court cases regarding them were taking place back in the early 80's. What you should have said was that by the mid 1990's software patents were commonplace.   Then you go and contradict yourself. How can software patents only benefit large corporations when by your own admission there are hundreds of thousands of...
Things just keep getting worse for Samsung. Not only were their demands outrageous (as Motorola was recently found to be), but they never even made an offer in the first place. Where are all the people who posted that Apple was an "unwilling licensee"? How can you be unwilling without there even being an offer in the first place? Samsung's true colors are being revealed more and more as these cases progress. A truly corrupt company. Imagine they'll all avoid this...
Wasn't there another conference on last week? It seems like so long ago - I can't even remember any significant announcements. WWDC will again result in the usual yearly spike in Internet traffic as the haters come out in droves to try and knock anything Apple announces. Google could only dream of getting that kind of interest around I/O.
Waiting for MacRulez to come in and say it's only one study and doesn't mean anything. ' Meanwhile forgetting that IBM did their own version of this last fall (comparing devices used for shopping online) and they found the iPad was around 90% as well (lining up with this report).
  Let me be clear - I'm not bashing iOS and Android saying they are inferior in terms of multitasking. Being mobile devices there have to be some trade-offs and I think Apple's method of providing "services" is better for a mobile device.   My whole point is Android fanboys seem to think Android is exactly like a full-blown desktop OS when in actuality it has far more in common with iOS (especially how it handles multitasking). When an Android users makes fun of iOS...