or Connect

Posts by EricTheHalfBee

Crittercism. Enough said. They trot out reports like this right when iOS is released and compare it to Android from last version and imply iOS crashes more. They did this back when iOS 5 came out and fandroids are STILL linking to that bogus study as proof that Android is more stable.
If phones like the GS3 and GS4 Mini were actually just smaller versions of the real GS3/GS4 then I think they would have sold. The problem (as mentioned) is the Mini's were junk phones. They had crappy screens, slower processors, poor cameras - everything about them was cheap. Samsung was trying to capitalize on the success and brand recognition of the GS3/GS4 by implying the Mini was "just as good but smaller" when they clearly weren't.
Not surprised at this. Just like those idiots that are suing Apple over location tracking. It will be difficult to prove any actual harm. Besides, Google already paid a $22 million fine over this.
You win the Internet.
 I think Samsung was surprised by Apple's 64bit A7 even though they were working on it. Apple could have been sampling the A7 while at the same time putting in large orders for the A6 (to power the 5c and maybe iPad Mini 2). Processors take a long time to develop so Samsung could have just assumed Apple was sticking with the A6 (because of the orders) and simply testing out the A7 while they redo iOS 7/8 for 64bit support. Then maybe a couple months before the iPhone 5s...
iPad 5 with A7X.   The fastest SoC available outside of Apple is the Snapdragon 800. It represents the fastest ARM processor you can buy and its only been out for 2 months. Yet Apple has a processor in an iPhone that's just as fast as the SD 800 (which is really more of a tablet SoC that vendors are stuffing into phablets).   If there is indeed an A7X then Apple will have the top 2 mobile processors on the planet. And if the A7X offers similar gains to previous...
 Doesn't matter. What Apple really gains from this is that Samsung has had to (yet again) modify its devices to avoid infringement. Even if no devices actually get banned Apple still wins as Samsung had to make changes.
 I never stated Apple was 100% successful. Nice try. However I will state that Apple's methods of checking Apps are superior to Google's even if Apple isn't 100% perfect either. And again, this is just checking of Apps. We haven't even gotten to the architectural differences between Android and iOS.
 And which virus scanner software on your PC (for example) has a 100% success rate at detecting everything? Think about that long and hard. Google's position is only valid if you assume (which would be a very ignorant thing to do) that they have the ability to detect every single type of malware/attack that comes through. History has proven that this is just not possible. And as I pointed out above (and people seem to want to ignore) is that there are significant...
 Hardly. What's more likely is if multiple companies have 5G technology then the SSO's will pick IP from companies who don't have a pattern of SEP abuse (like Samsung). I think Samsung shot themselves in the foot over their dispute with Apple. They were so eager to get a ban that they forgot how their actions might affect other areas of business later on. I bet 5G will be comprised of IP from Cisco, Ericsson, Nokia and Qualcomm with little to no input from Samsung.