or Connect

Posts by EricTheHalfBee

Anyone think that Xiaomi is now going to fork Android? I don't think they're part of the OHA.   And you can't compare this to Forstall. He was released by Apple. Barra left on his own. Apple would have accounted for changes made by Forstall leaving when they made the decision - Google is now stuck trying to fill the shoes of someone leaving unexpectedly.
Nintendo is done. iOS 7 with built-in controller support plus a good snap-in controller (from Logitech, for example) will firmly cement iDevices as the handheld gaming platform of choice. There's no way they can compete. Smartest thing for Nintendo to do is bring their software over to the iOS ecosystem.   Selling hundreds of millions of copies at $1.99-$4.99 is going to be far better than their current model.
Irrelevant. Any Android user who gets malware deserves it. Real Android users are too intelligent to download malware.
  If Apple uses a different model then what business does the DOJ have telling Apple how that side of their business runs?   As to the DOJ and Cote it's getting more bizarre.   Imagine you went to court and were convicted of burglary for sneaking into a jewelry store and stealing diamonds. When sentencing came around the prosecutor mentions the fact that two other jewelry stores were also hit in the last year and one had a bunch of watches stolen while another had gold...
I still say Orin Snyder is the man. I love that Apple is standing up to the DOJ.
  I sure didn't. What we knew back then is Apple had already been working on die-shrunk A5's (as found in the Apple TV and "new" iPad 2). A shrunk A5 could be clocked higher and give a boost to performance without killing battery life. The A6 was a shock not because Apple named their new chip "A6" (which we all expected) but because it was a completely custom-designed processor.   Anandtech had a great write-up on the A6 showing just how big of an update it was. A lot of...
  Nobody expected an A6 last year either and Apple surprised everyone. Then they surprised us again with the A6X in the iPad 4.
I don't buy it. From the A4-A5 and A5-A6 we saw increase in CPU of around 2X. For the GPU the A4-A5 was almost 5X (Apple stated up to 9X but averaged out it was around 5X) and the A5-A6 was again 2X.   The A6 is already very fast so the only way I could see the A7 being only 31% faster is if it came with some other benefit. Perhaps they'll have greatly reduced power consumption (not the suggested 20% but something significant like 50%). Or maybe the CPU is only 31%...
Off topic, but I only just found out and didn't see it anywhere on AI.......   Apparently Groklaw is shutting down giving a lame excuse about NSA spying and privacy. I think the real reason is nobody was buying their biased opinions on cases (the Motorola/MS one and FRAND rates comes to mind).   How will our resident shills take this news with one of their "sources" shutting down?
Schools equip with iPads haters claim they're useless and should be using laptops instead.   Now what will they complain about when a school uses MacBooks? They're too expensive? Should be Windows instead?