or Connect

Posts by EricTheHalfBee

That has to be the dumbest comment I've seen. I hope you forgot the /s tag, because if not then damn.
Holy crap. 3 billion transistors on the A8X. 40% faster CPU and 2.5x faster GPU.
I have to disagree this time. I've always stated the only benchmarks that count are the 1080P offscreen tests as they offer a level playing field to compare processors.   If you're testing the engine on a car, you want to find out how much HP it produces. Using a dyno to measure the HP output would be similar to a benchmark testing a CPU.   Nobody goes around and takes the weight of the car and "adjusts" the HP rating to reflect how the vehicle will perform. They...
 Sigh. I have Apps that will utilize 100% CPU power on an A7/A8, so your statement that there are no Apps that can slow down a device with the A7/* is pure BS.
 No. If you're comparing Intel x86 to ARM or MIPS then you can't compare clock speeds. We're comparing ARM to ARM. And as I pointed out, even ARM normalizes to 1.0 when comparing their own processors, even 32bit against 64bit. There's no way to spin the facts. The A7/A8 are way ahead of everyone else. So far ahead it's actually quite pathetic.
  Sorry, but I don't need to use the Exynos 5433 (even though that's also a garbage processor). I'm going to use material from ARM themselves which discusses the performance of the A57 in 32 and 64 bit modes. http://www.arm.com/products/processors/cortex-a/cortex-a57-processor.php This is ARM's reference page for the A57. Note how their simple bar chart shows the A57 about 20-40% faster. But this isn't a good source of data. I only posted it up as it's an earlier...
 Now I know you're just trolling when you post complete and utter BS like this. On my way out of the office, but I'll explain in great detail why the A57 is garbage and why you are so far off base it's pathetic.
Wow, too much misinformation going on, so instead of quoting everyone I'll just sum up here:   - Android Java apps won't need to be re-compiled to work on Android L when it's on a 64bit device. However, they will NOT take full advantage of the 64bit processor BECAUSE they're written in Java. Java apps running on a 64bit processor are like 32bit iOS apps running on an A7/8 - they work without re-compiling, they're faster than they were before, but they don't utilize the...
 No, the 805 is a complete POS. Twice the cores and 90% faster clock and can't even beat the A8.
 Yup. At 2.7GHz no less, 900MHz faster clock than the A8. The K1 in the Nexus 9 is 64bit, so we'll have to wait and see if it lives up to Nvidias hype. Although it appears predictions about its power consumption were correct. If it was so good, the Nexus 6 should have also used it. This way both new devices run Android 5.0 AND are 64bit, which lets developers have two standardized devices for development. Now there's still 32/64bit fragmentation going on. Really quite...