or Connect

Posts by EricTheHalfBee

I thought I read some time ago that Apple had talked about using an iPhone and your location to prevent fake reviews of restaurants or hotels. Basically your device had to actually visit (and spend time) at a location before you'd be allowed to submit a review. If you were at a restaurant over the lunch hour, then you could review it.   This would have a huge impact on the number of fake reviews, at it's just not worth someones time to "hang out" somewhere in person just...
LOL.   GoogleGuy in here as usual defending his employer. Funny how we hardly see him in the countless other topics here on AI, yet when Google is mentioned he's out in full force ensuring nothing bad is said about Google without being "clarified" by GG.
I remember from WWDC when they announced HomeKit and were showing slides of various types of devices. When they got to thermostats Apple showed Honeywell, not Nest. Quite the snub, I'd say.
Wonder what all the trolls will say about this. They're STILL yapping on saying Apple's iCloud servers were hacked into when the most likely scenario was people simply not being careful with their Apple ID's.
I know, I'm in love with iBeacons so here we go....   Let's say you have your medical data stored in the secure enclave of your iPhone. You're in an accident and paramedics have your iPhone and want to see if you have any medical information that might help them. How do they get access to it if you're incapacitated?   I say give medical staff an iBeacon that has a serial number attached and a PIN number. When they try to unlock your iPhone it detects that it's near a...
 Instead of addressing the issue that Google has serious issues with its version of 3D maps, you try to minimize their usefulness and thereby turn a Google negative into an Apple negative. Bravo. Still kinda funny that of all the problems Apple Maps had at the beginning, the most common complaint was with 3D maps. All the pictures the trolls continually repost are of this single feature. I wonder why that is?  Let's see, increasing the price of Google Drive even though...
 I used 3D flyover when I bought my house. It was great to get an overall view of neighborhoods I was thinking about, where the parks and trails were, how the roads were laid out and so on. I used it the other day when trying to find out where my daughters astronomy club was meeting at the university (I had never been there) and the satellite view wasn't very helpful. That said, I don't use it often, but when I do it's very useful. My kids also use it a lot to explore...
 I'm also in Vancouver and took a wrong turn down a street because Apple Maps didn't show the recently installed barricade that only allows bike traffic (recently as in about 18 months old). So I fired up Google Maps to see and sure enough it was wrong too. There's too many people who are fixated on finding an issue with Maps and then using that to imply that Maps overall is an utter failure. Sort of like those same few pictures of the Hoover Dam or other bridges that...
Let's make up a story that Apple had lots of new features for Maps. Then when they don't appear at WWDC let's make up a bunch of rumors about why they weren't shown even though there's no proof the "original" features even existed.   And let's forget about the HUGE number of additions Apple showed at WWDC. So many, in fact, that they had to quickly skim over some of them because of a lack of time. Clearly Apple engineers and developers were in overdrive for the past year...
Don't forget updates on what's fixed or changed in each new iOS 8 beta.I love this time of year. Not because I'm a die-hard Apple freak who's starving for any news no matter how trivial, but more for the entertainment provided by all the trolls who get so upset about something they claim to not care about.