or Connect

Posts by EricTheHalfBee

Interesting after the big debate over Swift on the weekend to see that Swift 1.3 has a few updates.
Likely software from the manufacturer of the mixing console itself. Many of the top consoles (like Midas or Soundcraft) have remote iPad Apps for adjusting sound. However, since many consoles have support for Ethernet (and they often publish their protocols), then theoretically anyone could write their own remote App.
 I'm not confusing anything. You seem to be implying that because people at the Swift forums at Apple are complaining about issues that it proves the language is somehow faulty or "not ready for prime time". Even your use of the term "actual real developers" is condescending. WTH hell does that even mean? Swift is a brand-new language. I would expect nothing less than a lot of issues and criticism.
 And that proves what exactly? If I made a list of all the complaints I've seen in the Objective-C forum at Apple over the years, then using your logic I should declare it as one of the worst languages ever created.
 Tesla Model S is a complete joke compared to other luxury sedans in the same price point. What do competitors have that it lacks? Let me list a few off the top of my head: - Active cruise control using radar to measure the distance to vehicles in front of you and keep a preset distance.- Heads up display to show relevant information on the windscreen to reduce the need to look away from the road.- 4 zone climate control (seriously, this is a BIG exclusion on a car this...
 That's like saying Samsung is in the processor business because they fabricate Apple A-Series processors when the real smarts lie with Apple (who designs the processors) rather than Samsung (who just builds following the plans). In this case, Panasonic is Apple.   Compared to what? If you drive one you'd be surprised. It drives nothing like what it looks like and handles far better than you'd expect. If you're comparing it to a BMW sedan then you could say the handling is...
 People used to make fun of American cars saying they can only go fast in a straight line. Now that Tesla has made the electric equivalent of a straight-line car, people are praising it? The rest of the Model S performance is average at best. You can't get around physics. A nearly 5,000lb car is not going to drive as good, handle as good or brake as good as a lighter car. Which is why Tesla ONLY does these stupid straight line 0-60 and 1/4 mile tests. No lane change...
 Tesla is partnering with Panasonic. Tesla is a lightweight for battery technology compared to the numerous companies working on batteries. And when batteries make the next leap do you think those companies are going to limit their potential market to a single, niche auto manufacturer? They'll sell to whoever wants them. And with the buying power of companies like GM or Toyota, Tesla won;t stand a chance of procuring enough batteries for their own vehicles. Hence making a...
 What about the BMW i3? The car is made of frickin' carbon fiber reinforced plastic. Not just body panels like so many other cars, but the primary structure. What I hate most about the Model S is you pay a premium luxury price for it and the interior and options are no better than many $30K cars. You're paying a hell of a lot for the electric drivetrain.
Tesla is on borrowed time. There is nothing special or groundbreaking about their cars. the only thing stopping Honda, Toyota or Ford from rolling over Tesla with their own electric cars are batteries. Once the next jump in battery technology occurs (say a 2x increase in capacity and/or a 50% decrease in cost) then EVERYONE will be making electric cars. When this happens there will be nothing to make a Tesla stand out from all the other electric vehicles out there. They...