or Connect

Posts by EricTheHalfBee

Of course. iOS leads in every single metric EXCEPT market share. More App revenue for developers, more developer interest, more App downloads, domination of Enterprise usage, more online shopping, more content purchases. Yup, basically everything that counts.
I really wanted to see BatJobs.
 You seem to be confusing CurrentC and Apple Pay. There's no linking to your accounts with Apple Pay.
 Well, Apple didn't set out to make a product that would hurt Samsung, but that's exactly what happened. They say the best revenge is success. And the iPhone 6/6P serve up a huge portion of that.
I bet that since CurrentC isn't actuslly released that retailers can use any payment system they like. Once CurrentC is released is probably when fines can occur. Meijer is smart - use this time to accept Apple Pay and then decide later if they want to stay with MCX.
 I don't think it matters if it's legal or not. What matters is if MCX believes Apple if they say they'll block the CurrentC App. Apple could simply block CurrentC and take their chances in court. Besides, it would be a good precedent setting case for Apple to decide once and for all if Apple has the right to control what Apps get into the store they created and own. Or do to MCX what Samsung did to them - tie things up in court so long that they're no longer relevant by...
 I guarantee you that Apple has already told MCX this. It wouldn't be Tim Cook calling up MCX and saying "we're going to block your App before CurrentC ever gets going and you'll be dead in the water." MCX could then turn around and claim Apple was threatening them which doesn't make Apple look good. I'd bet cold, hard cash that Apple lawyers have chatted with MCX lawyers and explained the situation to them in confidence. The "situation" being something like: "Do you...
LOL. Extremetech. That lame article of theirs STILL gets referenced regularly by the trolls even though it was written after the A7 announcement and BEFORE anyone actually used it.
And people were saying Apple Pay wasn't going to have an impact. Boy were they wrong. It's caused two retailers who previously used to accept NFC to specifically turn the feature off. It's made a lot of people aware of CurrentC and how crappy it really is. And it's the hottest topic of conversation on all tech blogs.
Apple should release a statement on Monday something to the effect that "We are all for fair competition. We will agree to leave CurrentC in the App Store as long as MCX merchants continue to accept NFC payments. Let the consumers decide which system they want to use."