or Connect

Posts by EricTheHalfBee

You are a poor troll. I never once mentioned skins yet you seem determined to try and steer the discussion that way. Skins are irrelevant to the discussion at hand - whether Android is open (which it's not).I used access to Google Play as an example, but it's not the only one. I see you're carefully avoiding discussion of the OHA and what rules members have to follow. If you read that and come back to say Android is open, well, I want some of what you're smoking. For...
Your original post claimed Amazon made a choice. They never had a choice - when they forked Android they lost access to Google Play. Now you're trying to change the argument as you were proven wrong.And it does matter. It shows that Google isn't as open as people claim and they have a different set of rules depending on which version of Android you use.
  Bull. Yet so typical. Take what I said out of context (or outright make something up) so you have something to point out where I made a mistake or contradicted myself. My original post (which in un-edited):   Android used on Samsung, Motorola and other popular devices is not the same version of Android that is free to download and customize any way you want (like Amazon did). Once you do that you're no longer allowed access to Google Play.   Your reading comprehension...
  That's not true. Amazon forked Android and made their own version. Because of that Google no longer allows access to Google Play. Amazon isn't member of the OHA, so they are allowed to do this with Android. Amazon made the choice to fork Android, but they didn't "deny" access to Google Play - their right to access Google Play was termiated when they forked Android. Quit trying to make it sound like Amazon closed it off as a choice and could allow access if they desired....
Sarcasm eludes you.
No contradiction at all. There are 2 versions of Android. One is open the other is not.Guess which one has access to Google Play? Here's a hint - it's not the open version.
  Maybe you want to take your own advice and read what open source actually means and then compare it to Android. Android is far from open source and is widely regarded as the "least open" of the open source projects out there.   Android used on Samsung, Motorola and other popular devices is not the same version of Android that is free to download and customize any way you want (like Amazon did). Once you do that you're no longer allowed access to Google Play.   Open...
Whereas Apple has apps go through an approval process before they can be posted to the App Store, Google looks to be exerting a looser form of quality control on the tail end of the process, removing unsatisfactory apps later.   In other words, Apple applies an ounce of prevention, Google applies a pound of cure.
  Where did you did that useless (and highly biased) article from? Is it on your bookmarks folder of "articles to twist the truth around when posting on Apple forums"?   First off, he's lying. This has not been the policy for 4 years - there were significant changes that occurred since October 2012. Yet he fails to mention this. How could someone who has products in Google Play not be aware of this?   He then goes on to make a big deal about refunds and how Google Play...
  I did a quick calculation in my head and my collection of mics is worth more than my car (and I don't drive a clunker). Back in the early 80's I used to modify recording consoles. I'd pull out the channel strips and upgrade the electronic components with newer (better, quieter) components. I'm very familiar with high-end gear and equipment I've purchased for myself is always the best I can afford.   This is not what I'm getting at by referring to "snobs". Buying...