or Connect

Posts by EricTheHalfBee

Sounds fishy to me as well. There are already devices that have these types of converters built in to provide a stable voltage for the circuitry under changing battery conditions, and they don't last any longer.
 I'm sure Apple will have an App. But developers could also come up with their take. For example, there are lots of popular "to do" Apps. You could add HomeKit devices to your "to do" lists (for example, scheduling your sprinklers). And then we have the App Worlflow. HomeKit seems like an ideal addition where you could assign single icons on your phone to do popular things (lock all doors and close the garage, for example). One popular concept with home automation is the...
Great timing. Now Apple can demo real devices at WWDC and developers can start coming up with new ways to utilize HomeKit. Now I wonder, who will be first developer with the killer App that will let you control devices from multiple manufacturers all seamlessly from a single App? Or perhaps Apple will show this?
Are they sure they aren't going to use the Beats brand name right away? What would be the purpose of acquiring them if you're not going to capitalize on the brand recognition (plus the likes of Iovine, Dre and Reznor, who I understand will play a big part in their new service)?   I think it would make more sense to bring over the users from iTunes Radio into Beats and consolidate all their music offerings under Beats.
Looking forward to this. People can make fun of Microsoft all they want, but with Nadella running things I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss them.
Has anyone bothered to look at the schedule for WWDC (in the App)? Apple up to their usual tricks again with numerous sessions having the "To be announced" tutke and others getting the humorous ones like "Mind = blown", "Patience is a virtue", "This one is worth waiting for", "You'll be talking about this one" and many others. Apple must have a lot of new stuff to talk about given the large number of sessions that haven't been named. And to Relic, you can brag about...
It's not how Apple sees people - it's how the customers see them. Someone looking for "channels" (or however Apple sets things up) to listen to and seeing Drake is going to expect music along the lines of his own material. If they hear something completely different I think their reaction might be "I tuned in to hear some Hip Hop and got rock instead" and then proceed to switch channels.Drake might love classic rock and have a great collection of material to recommend, but...
My complaint would be that the people they've hired so far fit into a pretty narrow field of musical tastes. I hope Apple adds a LOT more talent to cover other musical genres.Someone like Alice Cooper for classic rock, for example. And I doubt anyone hired so far would be playing any country music (not a fan myself, but hugely popular).
 This reminds me of when you used to always claim that Google Play Services keeps Android users up-to-date with security patches, when in fact it didn't (it couldn't update low-level components in the OS, such as the kernel). It does NOW, since Lollipop was introduced, but you made those comments long before Google Play Services had this ability (or anyone knew it was coming). I see you're still keeping the status quo. Make a generalized statement that isn't true (in this...
 Wow, how many times has this been discussed here and you still don't get it? Apple's version of a secure element is vastly different from everyone else. Apple uses a custom designed section of their A7/A8 processor as their secure element (Secure Enclave). Google uses a mix of SIM cards OR on-device secure element. The specifications for the SIM card secure element are well known (and documented) making the possibility of someone hacking it greater than Apple's Secure...