or Connect

Posts by EricTheHalfBee

First off, I'm not talking about Taylor Swift - I'm talking about Newcombe (you know, the person who was quoted in this article) and the UK indie labels. However, she sounds just as whiny. The only difference is she's taking the "concern troll" approach. Say one good thing about Apple in one sentence, and follow it with some "concerned" negative. This way she can trick people into thinking she's offering constructive criticism when she's still just as out-of-touch as the...
So? They're not getting paid for 3 months in exchange for a larger payout later on. Why is everyone focused on the 3 months free, and not the years to come? Or the fact the Apple Music subscriber share is destined to surpass all other streaming services for number of users (and therefore, money made)?Spotify is in 68 countries. Google is in 58. Pandora is only in 3. Apple Music will be over 100 at launch. It took years for Spotify (for example) to get to 68 countries....
What risk exactly is there to the artist?
WTH are you talking about? Courts? Arbitrators? Why would anyone need to go to court to complain about something they AGREED to in a contract? I'm simply amazed that you don't understand that ALL the artists/labels in Apple Music have already agreed to let their music stream for the 90 day free trial.The licensing deals are absolutely relevant. You sound like you know nothing about the record industry and how complicated it is to get the rights to play a song. In many...
No Apple should not. This is part of the contract that thousands of artists and labels signed. Why should this little bitch Newcombe get a better deal than everyone else who AGREED to the 90 day free trial?
What a stupid comment. Apple is NOT giving anything away for free that belongs to anyone who didn't already AGREE to do so. If you don't want to be on Apple Music and agree with their 90 day trial, then DON'T SIGN THE FRICKIN CONTRACT. Go peddle your asses to Pandora or Spotify.It amazes me that people actually think Apple is doing something WITHOUT the artists/labels approval first. Apple Music is launching in 100+ countries. That alone would have been a Herculean effort...
I had a fight awhile back with my kids school over Gmail and Google Drive. Students were creating accounts (as directed by teachers) to use without even asking parents permission. Last thing I want is my kids to start getting data mined from grade school. Even worse, some kids had their account for years and were using it as their actual personal account and using their real names (or partial real names). Way to get the kids early, Google. After much complaining and...
Except eightzero stated it was uploaded to iTunes Match, which is not the same as simply making a copy. You're paying $25 a year for this privilege.Apple promotes Match as a way to convert ALL your music to legally owned iTunes versions. It's really a way for record labels to collect money from people pirating music, instead of them pirating and paying nothing. They just can't say that's what it really does.Match does absolutely NOTHNG to try and determine the origin of a...
  Yeah, like the radio stations are the ONLY part of Apple Music that you pay for. The streaming is the main product. The radio stations are just bonus extras. Even if they're lousy I'm still signing up for the family plan. It's a bargain compared to Spotify and everyone else.
 This. The court cases and damages are all moot anyway. Everyone knows Samsung copied and other companies are careful what they "borrow" from Apple. They made their point and it's time to move on. You're right about the 90 days from now bit. With so many people still not upgrading to the iPhone 6/6P, the next iPhone is primed to break all records once again for sales. Only ones happy at Samsung will be Samsung Semi if they get to supply processors for phones that will sell...