or Connect

Posts by EricTheHalfBee

Apple should put up the notice on their website. And also their cases from other countries. Like Samsung modifying the Galaxy Tab for Germany to avoid infringement after being ruled against. Having to remove features from Galaxy phones after a ruling in The Netherlands. And, of course, the US ruling which will cost Samsung potentially billions (treble damages for willful infringement). I mean, it's Apple's website. They can't be prevented from printing the truth, can...
  That's not completely true. MS has it set up so if you write a program it's easy to target both PC and ARM versions. However, you can't easily take an EXISTING x86 program and move it over to Windows on ARM (RT). New Apps will be available on both, but don't expect developers of existing Apps to hand you a free version of an RT version just because you happen to own a PC version right now. More than likely they'll charge to to upgrade from the PC only version to the new...
Who cares about the price or if the keyboard is included?   The fact the RT tablets don't run x85 code is the biggest problem. Just wait until people buy a tablet that has "Windows" in the name and realize their existing Windows software WILL NOT RUN. Or that Office isn't quite the same as the full version on your PC. Or that there are hardly any programs available because of the major amount of work involved to re-write an existing x86 program to work on...
  The A15 isn't the savior of SoC's. Even according to ARM the A15 is only 40% faster than the A9 that's currently powering the GS3 and other phones. It's an improvement, but people expecting the A15 to blow away everything else will be disappointed.   Based on the information so far there's no reason to think the A15 will be any better than Apple's or Qualcomm's own custom ARM implementations. And both Apple and Qualcomm have managed to ship actual devices in consumer...
  First off, Q1 was 16T and Q2 was 11T which makes 27T, not 31T. Where you you pull that 31T figure out of? My figures are straight from Samsung's quarterly reports.   Nobody knows what Apple will spend in 2012, but their "contract" was apparently for $9.7 billion and expected to surpass that number. Unless Samsung turns things around Q3 and Q4 they won't be hitting that $60 billion they did last year. More like $50 billion, and unless my math is off, $9.7 billion is...
Don't need to try harder, you're making a fool of yourself all on your own.Anyone claiming that a division losing 20% of their sales isn't a disaster is kidding themselves.
Thanks for proving my point. Did you miss the word "consolidated" in their name? If you had read further you'd realize that the semiconductor and component divisions only make up about 30-35% (depending on quarter) of that amount. The $150 billion INCLUDES their smartphone sales, TV's, laptops, digital cameras, home theatre, camcorders....you name it.In the first 6 months of 2012 Samsung Electronics sold about 92 trillion KRW and of that 27 trillion was semiconductors &...
Hey tool, I see you're avoiding my question. Where are you getting your numbers from?
Another thing people seem to miss is that every billion Apple takes from Samsung is a billion they spend at one of Samsung's competitors. Money those competitors can use to improve their facilities and expand their production capabiltities. Or invest into R&D on newer technology.
  Source?  What numbers did you use for Apple's sales and what numbers did you use for Samsung's sales to get that 8%?