or Connect

Posts by Cinder6

I just wish Pixelmator would improve the pen tool. It's one area where I think Photoshop is far ahead. Also, CMYK support, please...
Kind of funny it takes a third party to deliver a feature Apple promised in Mavericks. I'm tempted, but I'm not sure I'm comfortable with giving someone else unfettered access to my notifications.
$10/month for five users (that's five PCs/Macs plus five tablets) is actually a great deal. Even if you only bought the cheapest edition of Office, you're looking at $140 per system—and 365 Home comes with Publisher, Outlook, and Access, which only the $400 standalone edition includes. Yes, buying it outright is ultimately cheaper in the long run, but it would take years to recoup the investment (after which the next version will be out). Obviously, it isn't a perfect...
I'm hoping more manufacturers will come on board, as those are three I would probably never buy from. Actually, what I really want is for after-market companies, such as Alpine, to implement it.
How do you go bezel-free *and* have a front-facing camera? I can see no bezels on the side, but not the top and bottom. What about the speaker? It could possibly go on top, but that wouldn't be ideal. I have a hard time buying the rumor that the home screen will go away. I don't think the technology is there for in-screen fingerprint scanning, and the home button has so many functions mapped to it already that it be difficult to match them all to gestures (especially...
 At least for iMessage... http://appleinsider.com/articles/13/10/01/ios-7-user-report-of-imessage-failures-simple-procedure-may-be-temporary-fix I've seen it, myself. Just this morning, I noticed a message I sent at 7PM last night still said "sending". It's annoying. Through all the betas, too, I've experienced issues with iMessage on WiFi, but not LTE. I thought it was fixed with the GM, but it appears not. And now it's timing out on LTE, too.
I just hope that Apple allows third-parties, such as Alpine and Kenwood, to make receivers that support this. If you have to buy a new car to get it, that seriously limits both the appeal and the potential audience for it.
That's silly. For all that I don't really like it, Android definitely does some things better than iOS. I would really like to be able to toggle bluetooth, wifi, and airplane mode from the Notification Center, for instance. Also, Samsung's split window mode would be pretty great on an iPad. I would also like it if app updates showed up in Notification Center--and if you could download them from there, without having to switch to the App Store.
That's silly. For all that I don't really like it, Android definitely does some things better than iOS. I would really like to be able to toggle bluetooth, wifi, and airplane mode from the Notification Center, for instance. Also, Samsung's split window mode would be pretty great on an iPad. I would also like it if app updates showed up in Notification Center--and if you could download them from there, without having to switch to the App Store.
That's a rather silly attitude, frankly.  First, different for the sake of being different isn't inherently a bad thing.  If you're willing to try new things, you might stumble upon the next big thing.  Second, it doesn't matter--Opera on the desktop works the same as other browsers.  There are a couple of UI changes I would make, but overall I quite like it.  I use OS X and Windows, so I need a cross-platform that syncs between browsers.  On my machines, it's faster at...