or Connect

Posts by Cinder6

I'm hoping more manufacturers will come on board, as those are three I would probably never buy from. Actually, what I really want is for after-market companies, such as Alpine, to implement it.
How do you go bezel-free *and* have a front-facing camera? I can see no bezels on the side, but not the top and bottom. What about the speaker? It could possibly go on top, but that wouldn't be ideal. I have a hard time buying the rumor that the home screen will go away. I don't think the technology is there for in-screen fingerprint scanning, and the home button has so many functions mapped to it already that it be difficult to match them all to gestures (especially...
 At least for iMessage... http://appleinsider.com/articles/13/10/01/ios-7-user-report-of-imessage-failures-simple-procedure-may-be-temporary-fix I've seen it, myself. Just this morning, I noticed a message I sent at 7PM last night still said "sending". It's annoying. Through all the betas, too, I've experienced issues with iMessage on WiFi, but not LTE. I thought it was fixed with the GM, but it appears not. And now it's timing out on LTE, too.
I just hope that Apple allows third-parties, such as Alpine and Kenwood, to make receivers that support this. If you have to buy a new car to get it, that seriously limits both the appeal and the potential audience for it.
That's silly. For all that I don't really like it, Android definitely does some things better than iOS. I would really like to be able to toggle bluetooth, wifi, and airplane mode from the Notification Center, for instance. Also, Samsung's split window mode would be pretty great on an iPad. I would also like it if app updates showed up in Notification Center--and if you could download them from there, without having to switch to the App Store.
That's silly. For all that I don't really like it, Android definitely does some things better than iOS. I would really like to be able to toggle bluetooth, wifi, and airplane mode from the Notification Center, for instance. Also, Samsung's split window mode would be pretty great on an iPad. I would also like it if app updates showed up in Notification Center--and if you could download them from there, without having to switch to the App Store.
That's a rather silly attitude, frankly.  First, different for the sake of being different isn't inherently a bad thing.  If you're willing to try new things, you might stumble upon the next big thing.  Second, it doesn't matter--Opera on the desktop works the same as other browsers.  There are a couple of UI changes I would make, but overall I quite like it.  I use OS X and Windows, so I need a cross-platform that syncs between browsers.  On my machines, it's faster at...
I use Opera on Windows, and I use it on OS X mainly because of the synchronization feature. If Apple still had Safari around on Windows (with iCloud support), I might use that. I don't use it on iOS, though, because it's that compression technology and just doesn't work that well with most sites. I do like its interface, though, and will happily try out Ice. I'm using Chrome right now, but Opera's speed dial feature is so much better...
Given the amount of reading I've done on the subject, I suspect you're dead wrong. Every review I have ever read indicates plasma is superior to LED. Plasma has better contrast, better blacks, and better color depth. The advantages of LCDs are lower power, lower heat, and much lower burn-in chance. All that said, if the alleged Apple TV is an LED, I won't get one.
I bought a Nexus 7 on Friday.  I bought it because I wanted a tablet, but didn't want to shell out what the iPad cost.  I really liked it at first, but the novelty factor wore off in about 3 hours.  By Saturday, I couldn't stand to use it.  I returned it Sunday and bought a retina iPad (couldn't find a mini anywhere--and I sold my 1st-generation iPad because I didn't like the lower dpi; if the mini were retina, I would buy it in a heartbeat, but alas).  I'm loving it....