or Connect

Posts by tooltalk

Well, I'm not sure why Apple wants to inherit a supplier who can't deliver.  I'm speculating that the GT tech probably over-promised and over-extended and now using their jail-free card to avoid paying back whatever they owe to Apple.  I wish I had shorted GTAT..  Now, is LiquidMetal also a public company?
Can anyone explain to me why web/javascript benchmarks are "a relatively useful proxy for CPU performance"?   I just ran Octane, SunSpider, Kraken on my rMacBook (mid-2012) :      Octane SunSpider 1.0.2 Kraken 1.1 Safari 8 20853 189.1 2176.3 Firefox 32 20718 195.2 1156 Chrome 37 24530 190.3 1515.4 delta(min,max) % 18.40 3.23 88.26   These are clearly not designed to be...
 The US Code Title 35 § 173 has been recently amended and is now 15 years. "Patents for designs shall be granted for the term of fourteen years from the date of grant." And according to the Patent Law Treaties Implementation Act of 2012:   "(7) in section 173, by striking fourteen years and inserting 15 years;" The Patent Law Treaties Act was introduced by Senator Leahy at the very onset of the first Samsung vs Apple trial in August of 2012 and signed into law by Obama in...
 Not really, Samsung said only a third of Samsung's worldwide smartphones sales are premium devices, not just in the US.  Sure, the US is the largest market for some, but not necessarily the largest in terms of unit sales for Samsung. It's fair to assume that most low and mid end devices end up places like China and India; most high-end / premium phones in the more developed market like the US/UK/Germany. I further cited a research by Chitika  indicating that over 80% of...
 @TheWhiteFalcon:  That's pretty odd.   Samsung released their new flagship in April 2014.  According to this research ending in May 2013 (or 1 month since the release), Samsung gained 0.8% and Apple 0.6%. Apple released their last flagship in Sep 2013. According to the same research ending in Oct 2013 (or 1 month since the release), Samsung gained 1.2% and Apple 0.2%.   And Samsung was running on phones that were several months old and surpassed Apple's gain.  Ok, so your...
 ??  umm... Samsung's 0.8% growth over 3-month period is a sign that Samsung just had its "peak", but a teeny-weeny 0.6% gain is an indication of  Apple's market dominance -- or sucking up market share?  
This ad is right on the money.  I was at Starbucks in SOHO, NYC, sitting next to a wall socket charging my MacBook last week. I was swarmed by iPhone users the whole three hours. Some even asked if they could use the USB ports on my MacBook to charge their iPhones -- I let them. Perhaps Android phones aren't very popular in this particular neighborhood -- there were a lot of tourists -- , but there was no Galaxy phone users asking for charging. 
hate being a nitpick, but he title is a bit misleading: "Apple's iPhone 5s and 5c leads in Europe, but platform mix rises with Samsung's Galaxy S5 debut" The original KW press release, Galaxy S5 attracts some Apple customers in Europe, on the other hand states:  not in EU5.  Android still accounted for 75% of smartphone OS sales while iOS had only 16.5% in EU5 ending 3-month/May 2014. Apple smartphone sales is higher in Britain:  Android 58.6% vs iOS 29.4% -- definitely...
I'm not surprised that Grewal, again, ruled in Apple & Nokia's favor.  In 2012, Grewal also rejected Samsung's charge against Apple's evidence spoliation, reasoning that Samsung's motion was one day past the tentative deadline, or one day after he'd accepted Apple's charge against Samsung.  Grewal's ruling was later overturned after a brief public outcry.   In this case again, both MOFO and QE leaked their licensing agreements with other parties, but Samsung's law firm...
 You mean Samsung needs Apple's fashion design R&D?  LOL