or Connect

Posts by tooltalk

1) Sure, and you still don't have any data to back up your nonsensical batsh*t claims. 2) Any survey, research data -- and it includes IDC stats you cited as your primary source earlier, quite hypocritically -- by analysts are far superior to whatever you and Dilger frequently pull out of your asses.   3) not quite sure what you are trying to prove with the Jan 2013 Samsung announcement.  Samsung announced that they sold more than 100 M units sales between June, 2010 and...
 1) Sure, Samsung makes ads/commercials in all markets, including China.  Samsung spends well over $10B in marketing and ads.  Samsung didn't have to bash lesser competitors, just in the same way Apple attacked MS (eg, "Get a Mac" campaign), but not Moto. 2) Go read Samsung's annual statement from 2013 where they clearly warned about growing threats from the Chinese competitors and declining sales. They never made such warning about Apple. 3) No disputing that Xiaomi is a...
 1) Sure, you have no data to back up your claim.  You have absolute no data that show Samsung's premium unit sales and, further your stat is completely wrong.  According to Morgan Stanley Research, Samsung sold about 130M Galaxy Premium models in 2013.  Localytics likewise reported that slightly less than half of Samsung's smartphones are their marquee Galaxy S models, excluding the Note lines (early 2014).  2) Let's borrow your SIMPLETON fanboi logic from the second...
 Wrong, wrong, wrong -- as usual.  (bloomberg)   There is no evidence that Samsung's Galaxy sales in NA declined (by its main competitor Apple).  There is however strong evidence that Samsung's high-end sales is wiped out in China by its domestic competitors Xiaomi, Huawei, and Lenovo so far in 2014. 
As usual, DED's Op-ED doesn't make sense.  When Jobs declared the thermonuclear war on Android in 2010,  Samsung's profit was a fraction of what it is now, in the $1B-$3B range. Samsung revenue/profit catapulted after Jobs's war declaration surpassing Apple's in 3Q 2013.  
 Sure, so how many "top 10"  or "top 100" apps are in 64bit mode today?   Hardly any I guess.   If 64-bit is so wonderful, where are all the 64-bit iOS apps?
Didn't Apple just settle a similar lawsuit for MacBook Pro 2010's graphics/logic board issues recently ?   I had similar issues with MacBook Pro 15" Retina mid-2012 with frequent crashes -- ended up paying $310 to replace the nVidia graphics card early this year. 
 Sure, so how many top iOS apps are running in 64 bit mode today?
 Well, I'm not sure why Apple wants to inherit a supplier who can't deliver.  I'm speculating that the GT tech probably over-promised and over-extended and now using their jail-free card to avoid paying back whatever they owe to Apple.  I wish I had shorted GTAT..  Now, is LiquidMetal also a public company?
Can anyone explain to me why web/javascript benchmarks are "a relatively useful proxy for CPU performance"?   I just ran Octane, SunSpider, Kraken on my rMacBook (mid-2012) :      Octane SunSpider 1.0.2 Kraken 1.1 Safari 8 20853 189.1 2176.3 Firefox 32 20718 195.2 1156 Chrome 37 24530 190.3 1515.4 delta(min,max) % 18.40 3.23 88.26   These are clearly not designed to be...