or Connect

Posts by tooltalk

Apple's Ax chips are already made in Samsung's Austin Semiconductor plants in Texas.
this appleinsider comment system is annoying..  disqus.com
    Ever heard of Patent Law Treaties Implementation Act of 2012, which strongly favors Apple, introduced by Patrick Leahy right before the trial last August and signed into law by Obama in December?   Who can blame Samsung?  Who knows what Al Gore or any other Apple's allies in DC are working on next?
  why?  Nokia is in bed with Microsoft and Microsoft with Apple.  Microsoft's friend is Apple's friend. 
  Faisal's version (below) requires a goggles with cheap sensors (cameras).  Not sure how Samsung's version would turn out, but I'm guessing the tech is a bit too early for mass consumption (beta?) and the target audience for eye tracking/scrolling/etc extremely small.  Most users won't constantly use the feature to use their S4, so I don't think battery life is going to be a show stopper.   
  Yep.  The judgement amount will be further reduced in the court of appeal, to less than $100M and, who knows, maybe the appeal court judge will also uphold some of Samsung's patents infringement claim.
    sounds like Mannheim & Dusseldorf.
  That's because Samsung is no longer making/selling the infringed models (and I believe Koh is not yet done making adjustment to the $1B judgement) . If Apple wins the appeal, Apple would get to collect $1B, plus interest.  
  Apple who initiated the lawsuit also destroyed email evidence. The Magistrate Judge Paul Grewal granted the adverse jury instruction against Samsung when Apple filed the email spoilation charges, but when Samsung filed the same motion against Apple, Grewal denied Samsung's motion stating the filing missed the *tentative* deadline, one day after Apple'd filed theirs.   Needlessly to say, this was an embarrassment to Grewal who clearly exhibited bias against Samsung. Koh...
    Why not?  Samsung manufactures memory chips and Apple's Ax processors down in Austin, Texas.  In fact, Samsung Austin Semiconductor has been around since 1997 and has invested over $12B in that area so far.