or Connect

Posts by tooltalk

Whoop Dee Doo
  Well, that's too bad..  seems like the average iphone users can't tell the difference anyway..     not sure what your point is...   GS III JB (pre-release) already produced better geekbench results (clearly indicating that it's not a raw cpu performance issue); Note II, to be released in mid-Novemeber, is also known to perform much better than GS III (hence Note II > iPhone 5).  Samsung makes over 20+ smartphone models for the US market; some with much shorter product...
  I'm not really sure if the average iPhone users can actually distinguish any real improvement between upgrades.  
  Hm.. I thought spec / benchmarks don't matter for you Apple people?
  lame
  Oh my. it looks like Braun T3 Radio.  It's difficult to tell them apart. 
  so?  Well, the point here isn't that Samsung wants to ban Apple products. Their goal is to either force Apple to cross-license or drop the on-going lawsuits altogether.  It's a defensive move.
  Well, that must be why Apple's share of Samsung's annual sales is going up significantly from $7B in 2011 to $12B in 2012.  Yeah, because Apple is slowly removing Samsung from its supply chain.
  Well, dunno.  Most of my employer's profit goes to my fat bonus every year; my employer doesn't like wasting money on R&D or marketing.  There are quite a few of PhDs at work - my manager is real picky about schools - but most of them are quants though.    If you are asking about Samsung, yes, I sometimes do wonder why tech innovators like Xerox Parc, IBM, Sony suck at marketing / commercializing their own innovation.   Now, do you have anything important to say about...
  Well, not sure if that's the case.  Samsung already spends far more than Apple on R&D and is #2 in patents granted in the US (or worldwide).  It's just that Samsung doesn't have that kind of "marketing" clout that Apple yields in this country.  That isn't to say Samsung doesn't copy; it does, just in the same way Apple copies.   I don't think Samsung is going to lose Apple's business either, Apple's share of Samsung Electronic's annual sales went up significantly since...