or Connect

Posts by tooltalk

Well, not sure if that's the case.  Samsung already spends far more than Apple on R&D and is #2 in patents granted in the US (or worldwide).  It's just that Samsung doesn't have that kind of "marketing" clout that Apple yields in this country.  That isn't to say Samsung doesn't copy; it does, just in the same way Apple copies.   I don't think Samsung is going to lose Apple's business either, Apple's share of Samsung Electronic's annual sales went up significantly since...
I thought Samsung Electronics is sitting on a $25+B cash pile.
  Congratulation!  Your first comment!  LOL!!
  Actually, no.  A4 was more or less all based on Samsung's hummingbird design.  Apple later acquired Intrinsity, Samsung's partner who helped improve Hummingbird's performance, in 2010 to build its own in-house development team.   dunno anything about A6 since iPhone 5 is not out yet.  I think everyone is speculating at this point, but there was an AI article stating that A6 could be Apple's FIRST custom design.
  Why?  I'm a Apple investor and making a lot of money off this shenanigan.  I predict that this will go on for a while.  I'm not selling my shares anytime soon.  I win either way.   try harder.
  Well, I guess then Apple's injunction request will likewise be denied since the case will certainly be under appeal with Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit?   Or maybe not.  Considering Koh's lopsided rulings against Samsung last time around, I predict that Apple's injunction will be granted.
  I think it has more to do with Apple's home court advantage, American's nationalism, and racism than innovation. I'll believe Apple is innovating when Apple designs its own A* chips without Samsung's help.   Remember, Samsung is a $160+B company; not in market value, but in sales.  Unfortunately Apple isn't the only US client - AT&T, Verizon, HP, Dell are also among Samsung's top clients.
    Um..  don't think that's what the exhaustion doctrine says.  According to Wiki you just quoted:   The exhaustion doctrine, also referred to as the first sale doctrine, is a common law patent doctrine that limits the extent to which patent holders can control a patented product after an authorized sale. Under the doctrine, once an unrestricted, authorized sale of a patented article occurs, the patent holders exclusive rights to control the use and sale of that article...
  u talking about S3 or iPhone 5? 
    Doesn't seem to make any sense.  A court in Munich recently found that Motorola smartphone infringed on Apple's bouncing-back patent. Now, why isn't Motorola's risk taking paying off?