or Connect

Posts by tooltalk

I don't think this suit has much to do with Android.   If you look at the patents listed, they are all  "search" and "ads" related patents.  I still don't understand how Samsung made to the headline. 
Rockstar is a patent holding non-practicing entity (NPE) -- and the suit was filed in the Eastern District of Texas, the patent troll capital of the world.  Nice!  I'm pretty sure there will be similar lawsuits coming to the Dusseldorf / Mannheim courts of Germany -- the paten troll capital of EU!  LOL!!   Well, now we could officially call Apple a proud parent of a "patent troll."   Now, I don't see Samsung named in the complaint, anybody know what's going on here?...
revolving door much? what's new?  I guess this explains Obama's last ITC veto.   Horay! American corporatism!   Vice President, Worldwide Government Affairs Apple Inc Assistant U.S. Trade Representative Executive Office of the President of the United States 1991 – 2005 (14 years) Assistant U.S. Trade Representative Office of the U.S. Trade Representative 1991 – 2005 (14 years) Assistant US Trade Representative USTR 1991 – 2005 (14 years) Attorney...
 It's one thing to report *insider* rumors, but it's a completely another matter to start *outsider* "rumors" by deliberately misrepresenting/spinning as DED does a bit too often.  Just look at all those poor confused fanboys whose heads are about to blow up.
 Well, hate to be pedantic, but Apple's iOS is still BSD-based, which has been around longer than Linux.  Linux was started by Linus Tovalds in part to fill the void created by AT&T's lawsuit against BSDi & UC.  Yes, but both are heavily based on FOSS; not created in isolation as some fanboys seem to believe.
 Apple has been cutting back on display, memory orders from Samsung.  It's just that Apple doesn't have much of a choice when it comes to choosing a fab supplier.  So much for looking past the sentiment.. 
 Do you work for DED in the fiction department?  From Cult of Mac: “John Scully was running Apple at the time, and they were in real trouble, real financial trouble, and in fact they were about to go bust,” said Hauser. “The reason they didn’t go bust was because they sold their ARM stake that they had originally purchased for $1.5 billion for $800 million.”That’s a staggering $700 million loss, but if not for selling ARM, Hauser says, Apple might not even be here today to...
 No, what I meant is that Apple's contribution in ARM's founding was mostly financial, not technical.
 This is AI, where deliberate misrepresentation/shoddy scholarship by some of its own editorial members is quite common -- see DED's other OP-EDs.  I guess the fact that Apple's latest SOC, the A7, in the 5S is still made by Samsung does nothing to challenge DED's credibility among his minions. 
 Apple had 40% financial stake in ARM Ltd in the early 90's, but Steve Jobs sold them at a huge loss in 1998.  Portal Player supplied ARM based chips used in the early iPods; then switched to Samsung in 2006.  Apple didn't have much in-house chip design expertise until it bought PA-semi (2008) and Intrinsity (2010).