or Connect

Posts by tooltalk

I thought they were AIers..
Hmm... the title should have been "Apple's iPad Profit Margin only half of iPhone" - since iPhone came first, as most media outlets reported.   Oh well.  Welcome to AI.
  You don't sound very intelligent.      Samsung and Motorola are legitimate licensees.    Well, now Apple's marketing department can claim they invented fingerprinting security.
  "... When Apple was developing its campaign to promote the first iPhone, it considered – and rejected – advertisements that touted alleged Apple ―firsts with the iPhone. As one Apple employee explained to an overly exuberant Apple marketer, I don‘t know how many things we can come up with that you can legitimately claim we did first. Certainly we have the first successful versions of many features, but that‘s different than launching something to market first. In this...
  No, Sherlock. If they are merely "shipping" and not "selling", there would be no profit at all.  Samsung's balance sheet would look more like LG's (or Sony's for that matter).    Of Samsung Electronics' four main divisions, only semiconductor and mobile divisions are making 10+% profit. 
  Yes, Apple is very much like Nokia.  Apple can make as many iphones as you want, but there is a limit to how Apple can capitalize on Sony and Sharp's design / technical innovation.   Your brain smells fishy. Samsung doesn't sell too many smartphones / laptops with 128+GB Flash or Intel/AMD CPUs.  
I bet Sprint's CEO Hess will be ousted within 6 months..
  Why don't you STFU if you have nothing to contribute?  I happen to live blocks away from Apple SOHO and know much more about the retail store & USPS Apple gutted last year. 
  Apple is in marketing business, not in manufacturing.  Apple can't maintain its fat profit margin with its own development and production. 
  That's in Billion in US dollars, not # of units.  Apple also buys a lot of CPUs from Intel - Samsung's desktop/laptop sales don't amount to much.