or Connect

Posts by tooltalk

Why?    According to Nielsen, Samsung had only 8% of the US smartphone market in Q2 2011; now it's 24%.  Yes, that's 300% gain.   Apple's share went from 28% to 31%; 10+% gain.       
eh? This sounds a bit crazy..  So after $1.1+ billion in marketing between 2008-2010, 35%, or 1/3, of consumers still can't link it back to Apple? 
    yeah, I thought it was mildly funny, but not edgy as MadTv's Apple parody http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rw2nkoGLhrE
well, based on trials held in Neherland, Germany, Australia, only one court in Germany found Samsung violating "unfair competition" law there, but they found no design infringement. So I think Samsung's chance is pretty good. Samsung will probably have to appeal given Apple's home advantage.
  Their R&D?  You mean their marketing spending?
  I agree with this..  What bothers me about most AI'ers (ie, Apple fanboys) is that they think everything in absolute terms - everything Steve Jobs or Apple does is always "right."    I think a lot of anti-Jobs / anti-Apple sentiment is a reaction to such closed mind-set. 
    so Steve didn't know what he was talking about?
  so, in another word, you have no f'ing clue what you are talking about.   Do you have any idea how this typically works in component business?  or Are you an expert in contract law?     Just a lot of imagination?
  Well, I think it's closer to 4.5% of Samsung Electronics gross revenue of $150B in 2010. But perhaps that will change this year - Apple is expected to buy more some $12B worth of components this year.
  sounds like desperation to me..