or Connect

Posts by tooltalk

Well, according to Apple, Apple employees and MOFO lawyers are still quite confused.  So how much does Apple owe Samsung in legal fees?
This is exactly what I want.. I'm going to skip Samsung's new Galaxy S3 and Apple's iPhone 5 and go straight to the Note 2.
    I personally think it's a great alternative to those tourists in NYC walking around with iPads taking photos - which I find the most obnoxious.
      hmm.. that's an interesting spin. Samsung Electronics is indeed a very diversified company, but look at R&D spending at other companies, not as diversified as Samsung:     Microsoft (MSFT): $9.4 • Intel (INTC): $8.4 • International Business Machines (IBM): $6.3 • Cisco Systems (CSCO): $5.6 • Google (GOOG): $5.2 • Oracle (ORCL): $4.4   Take for instance Oracle whose bread & butter comes from database, crm and really nothing else - its recent acquisition of Sun...
  Yes, that is absolutely true if you are talking about Apple's *Marketing R&D*.  As it happens, Samsung is expected to be #1 patents granted in a few years.    Apple is a very successful marketing company, no doubt about that - it's just too bad that it's a mediocre, second rate technology company.
  Samsung's 2Q revenue is $41B..  At this rate, Samsung will be a 200 billion dollar a year company in a year or two.
  oh boy..  sounds like a typical Apple reality distortion batshit..  Where is your proof that Apple helped paid for the Texas plant? Samsung has $20+ billions in cash, though they often issue bonds to cover the cost of building / upgrading plants. So what part of Samsung's annual $10+ billion capital investment comes from Apple - or $40+ billion for 2012 alone?  Apple's up-front capital investment in the past was largely to secure volume supply & discount. 
  not that it would make any difference, but feel free to donate all your shares of Apple to the Apple Legal Defense fund.  
  I believe this is Apple's slide-to-unlock feature in Android 4.0.   Most of Apple's design patents have been invalidated or thrown out in courts worldwide.
  Not really..  Apple is far ahead of the competition in marketing, not in technical innovation. Likewise, you would note that most of Samsung's patents are *technical* patents - many of which are also industry standard patents. Apple's patents are *design* patents.