or Connect

Posts by tooltalk

wonder if Koh can be replaced wih Posner.
apparently laywers get 30% of the settlement. Nice!
  Well, that's the whole point..   The judge just said Apple's design patents are nothing but smokescreen (marketing gimmicks). 
Has Apple ever won any design patent lawsuit?
  Well, according to Apple, Apple employees and MOFO lawyers are still quite confused.  So how much does Apple owe Samsung in legal fees?
This is exactly what I want.. I'm going to skip Samsung's new Galaxy S3 and Apple's iPhone 5 and go straight to the Note 2.
    I personally think it's a great alternative to those tourists in NYC walking around with iPads taking photos - which I find the most obnoxious.
      hmm.. that's an interesting spin. Samsung Electronics is indeed a very diversified company, but look at R&D spending at other companies, not as diversified as Samsung:     Microsoft (MSFT): $9.4 • Intel (INTC): $8.4 • International Business Machines (IBM): $6.3 • Cisco Systems (CSCO): $5.6 • Google (GOOG): $5.2 • Oracle (ORCL): $4.4   Take for instance Oracle whose bread & butter comes from database, crm and really nothing else - its recent acquisition of Sun...
  Yes, that is absolutely true if you are talking about Apple's *Marketing R&D*.  As it happens, Samsung is expected to be #1 patents granted in a few years.    Apple is a very successful marketing company, no doubt about that - it's just too bad that it's a mediocre, second rate technology company.
  Samsung's 2Q revenue is $41B..  At this rate, Samsung will be a 200 billion dollar a year company in a year or two.