or Connect

Posts by tooltalk

Samsung's 2Q revenue is $41B..  At this rate, Samsung will be a 200 billion dollar a year company in a year or two.
  oh boy..  sounds like a typical Apple reality distortion batshit..  Where is your proof that Apple helped paid for the Texas plant? Samsung has $20+ billions in cash, though they often issue bonds to cover the cost of building / upgrading plants. So what part of Samsung's annual $10+ billion capital investment comes from Apple - or $40+ billion for 2012 alone?  Apple's up-front capital investment in the past was largely to secure volume supply & discount. 
  not that it would make any difference, but feel free to donate all your shares of Apple to the Apple Legal Defense fund.  
  I believe this is Apple's slide-to-unlock feature in Android 4.0.   Most of Apple's design patents have been invalidated or thrown out in courts worldwide.
  Not really..  Apple is far ahead of the competition in marketing, not in technical innovation. Likewise, you would note that most of Samsung's patents are *technical* patents - many of which are also industry standard patents. Apple's patents are *design* patents.
  Samsung is probably laughing at Apple the same way. How's Apple's supplier *diversification* strategy working out?
not sure why this is newsworthy.   Apple patents granted on 26 June 2012: 28 US patents granted on 26 June 2012 and assigned to Apple   IBM patents granted on 26 June 2012: 52 US patents granted on 26 June 2012 and assigned to IBM   Samsung patents granted on 26 June 2012: 115 US patents granted on 26 June 2012 and assigned to Samsung
  From what I gather, Apple's never been a big R&D spender. While Apple's marketing spending is #3 in the industry, its R&D spending is one of the lowest (as % of their revenue) in ranking - and it's been that way for many many years. Likewise, Apple's patents granted is still nowhere close to IBM (#1 for almost two decades) or Samsung (#2 for the past decade) figures - though it recently jumped to #40's last year.   So I'm not sure why you are so worried.  Apple will...
    Apple should aim it at Samsung, not HTC. Samsung is the largest maker of smartphones / android based smartphones - HTC,  along with Nokia / RIM, will continue to lose marketshare to Apple / Samsung with/without all the needless litigation.   I'm also guessing that this particular lawsuit is based on a LTE patent purchased from Nortel, not developed in-house.  It would be quite interesting if Apple can launch a LTE device successfully without infringing on Samsung's...
  Well, I think that's a clever move by Samsung. Remember Apple's iPhone is a smartphone for people not smart enough to use Android. Samsung is attracting more sophisticated users who grew out of the Apple's lala land away - while the dumb users, a sizable majority among Apple customer base, will probably stay with Apple's iPhone for a while.    I personally owned 3 iPhones until last December - now a happy Galaxy user. I don't see why I should switch back to that small...