or Connect

Posts by tooltalk

must be why they are #1 smartphone sales.
    neither did Apple's 1984 Superbowl ad.      I guess we will find out whether it worked out not soon..  so far, it looks like tech blogs are the only ones paying attention to this.. 
    Haven't you heard?   Samsung Electronic's profit is up 100%, while the entire organization's revenue is up 20% mostly due to its mobile division (hint: smartphone sales)..   Apple = next Nokia / RIM??   Remember it's Samsung who's taking over from behind..  Samsung mobile's last year sales was up 300%. 
    I guess the only one thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about..  If Samsung can generate enough buzz, why not?  Besides, it's quite original..   or at least Samsung isn't copying Apple's PC vs Apple or Think Different ads campaings.        
    really?  Apple should be in jail then
Yeah, go Samsung.
    Really?  Is there any study not funded by the publishing business or Apple that supports your claim?    There is only one randomized controlled study conducted by HMH using their FUSE program that provides data - not surprisingly funded by the namesake publishing company and Apple. Now, there are supposedly similar iPad pilot programs at 600 other institutions worldwide, so where are the results?  They all seem to claim uniformly that iPads *enhanced* students...
don't quite understand the title..   Apple's iPhone has been around for 4-5 years now and HTC did rather well until last year in spite of competition from Apple. Now, is HTC saying that Android users are defecting to iPhones 4S?
    Do you have any quantifiable results (eg, grades) that show her students are doing better?     thx
    Really? Are you insinuating that the education system is failing because of *heavy textbooks*?  Are you f'ing kidding me?     What cost saving? Schools are not getting free e-textbooks or iPads - most schools would probably end up with some convoluted subscription based e-textbooks that, in the longer run, would cost more. Most textbook publishers (and your local board of ed's) aren't interested in reducing the price of digital textbooks. Just look at the college...