or Connect

Posts by tooltalk

why are they slaver laborers? - especially when there have been numerous wage increases and improvement working conditions in recent years. 
  not sure if that's true. Samsung was primarily in OEM biz and didn't really have much brand recognition until last decade or so (when they finally reorg'ed and consolidated their marketing effort). 
  Looks like Apple is becoming more like Rambus every day.
For me, it's either 15" MBA or Samsung Series 9 15"..   Series 9 doesn't look that bad, but will probably have to run hackintosh on it.
"Samsung has yet to announce a launch date for the Galaxy S III in the U.S."   Samsung's huge victory: Galaxy S3 launching on all major US carriers, including Verizon
Are you saying that Apple's iPad's rectangular tablet design isn't part of the larger industry trend ? - whereas Samsung's is?
  Well, I think the TV manufacturing biz is very different from mobile phones biz..  Companies like Nokia, Ericsson, Motolora and RIM made killings when their flagship phones were flying high.  The TV biz? nope.  Samsung is by far the most successful company in TV making biz, and everyone, with no exception, is losing money.   Now, I do wonder if Apple can start a TV business without tripping up on Samsung's patents or looking like one of their TVs.   My prediction is...
Samsung just pulled another "Apple" on us..  bastards.
    R&D in marketing?
    Well, RIM is Canadian, Samsung (South Korea), HTC (Taiwan), Nokia (Finland).. Motorola was already in decline, so it wouldn't have mattered much. On the other hand, Apple's contractor Foxconn hires hundreds of thousands of workers in China, so it's net positive.