or Connect

Posts by tooltalk

Why would Samsung want to reverse engineer anything technology from Apple? 
  Nope. Samsung mobile's profit is now greater than all other divisions profit combined.  Samsung's semi profit margin was never all that great - Samsung is certainly making a killing in mobile business. Also remember Apple is a bargain hunter - Samsung is much better off without Apple.
  Hm... why am I not amused that the quote came from macrumors.com?  *yawn*   “This is a product that, at most, captured 0.5 percent of the market,” Quinn said. “Nothing in the record here would support a finding of irreparable harm” to Apple. -- Bloomberg -- 
  or work for a copycat for the rest of your life?     It seems like Apple's business strategy  is largely consisted of stealing Samsung's business partners (Intrinsity, Anobity) or stealing employees from Google Maps or Samsung's semi team.  Can Apple do anything original? 
    two wrongs make a right - apple -  Perhaps that's why  Android / Windows phones don't cost as much.
  Yeah, I think SLCD was a joint venture between Samsung and Sony. Samsung bought out Sony's 50% stake (minus 1) last year - effectively making it all Samsung. 
  Well, the 9th circuit courts certainly think it has jurisdiction in other countries (see recent Microsoft vs. Motorola appeal)..   Also note, there is no appeal yet. Samsung's lawyers QE are asking for re-trial (see Groklaw.com) and I think they got a pretty good case for retrial/mistrial there (thanks all to the jury foreman V. Hogan who really likes to talk to the press).
  You should care b/c, at this rate, Apple will surely end up like HTC one day, unable to compete with their largest supplier. Well, not tomorrow or next year, but perhaps not too distance future..
  I don't think that  matters at all.  HTC is going down the tube regardless of their supplier switch. Nokia & RIM are more or less doomed.  It doesn't seem like Google is interested in Motorola's hardware bussiness all that much. So that only leaves Samsung and Apple now.   And let's not forget, Samsung controls 95+% of the AMOLED market.  HTC can go only so far to distance itself from Samsung - they tried it a couple of years back..
  Anobit?  Anobit doesn't manufacture anything. Like Intrinsity, Anobit was Samsung's business partner - Samsung was actually an early adopter (and the largest customer) of Anobit's dsp & nand controller technology.