or Connect

Posts by tooltalk

I don't have particularly anything against Apple's new iPads, but this is a complete waste of taxpayers' money.   There has been no clear study showing any positive correlation, much less causality, between technology (ie, laptops, tablets) and education. This is just money down the drain.  We gotta let go of this delusional thinking that laptops & tablets would miraculously fix the broken education system.
      ROFL!!  You fanbois are not very bright.   LG had many problems manufacturing Apple's iPad 2 last year and Apple had to ask another supplier to fill the shortfall created by the light-bleeding problem. Guess who that supplier was - Yes, it was Samsung.  If there is no blacklight bleeding problem on your iPad, it's likely that it's manufactured by Samsung.  It's not at all surprising that LG is still having problems with the new iPad's display.   Now, if your goal is...
    You guys clearly have no idea how South Korean conglomerates like Hyundai, Samssung, LG, Daewoo are organized.  No, unfortuntely there is no such wall or division between most large chebols in Korea - they are all owned and tightly managed by the same families or a small clique of best buddies and significant others.   Sure, if Apple could sell 50M iPads this year, that alone is 50M * $85 or $4+B worth of contract for Samsung, so why refuse such a lucrative deal?  For...
    not sure that's how it works. I'm guessing Samsung's own mobile division (now #1 smartphone / feature maker) generates enough demand that it doesn't have to bend over for Apple. Furthermore, all signs indicate that Apple has become more, not less, dependent on Samsung, even with all the legal battles. Apple's new iPad is now 50% Samsung (eg, cpu, memory, display, battery).  
    I guess they could. It's obvious that Apple really needs Samsung..  With Samsung's soaring revenue / profit, I don't think Samsung needs Apple that bad.
    Well, unfortunately, as I've been saying all along, Samsung is the *only* supplier big, technical, reliable enough to meet Apple's need. Apple can't just pick and choose any supplier of their choice or hire a bunch of unskilled workers to increase the output of those components.
This is pretty simple: if Amazon colludes with other book retailers to set the price, yes.  
not sure who's behind Amazon, but we know Al Gore is on Apple's board
Woww.. never expected Al Gore would write a glowing praise of Cook. It's as if they are bbf. I think it's a mistake to judge Cook based on his short tenure.
I think AI posted a couple of similar articles before.. running out materials?