or Connect

Posts by tooltalk

looks like another *win* for Samsung
What's the going to accomplish? NYC has one of the highest spending per student in the nation, why do you think pouring good money after bad education system is going to improve the situation?
"Nobody replied" perhaps because the asking price was too high. Then you find that Apple is paying way below the market price for the prime spot. Given Apple's political connection with the Clinton's and other DNC members, it wouldn't be too surprising if it turns out there are some skeleton's in the MTA closet (if there was a favoritism going on). Having worked with former CIOs and other high ranking members of the MTA, I have little or zero confidence or their...
like you have a choice? Samsung #1 customer: Sony #2: Apple, #3: HP, followed by Dell, Verizon, etc, etc.. Unless you are ready to live out in the wild, you can't really escape Samsung's reach.
I think you are somewhat misguided.. Yes, Apple made capital investment in Samsung to secure supplies a couple of years back - or else Apple might have had to delay its product release like others mobile makers were often told to wait. And Samsung spends many more billions upgrading / building manufacturing capacity every year. Sony is Samsung's #1 customer with upward of $12B in sale. Apple is #2, followed by HP, Dell, Verizon, etc.. Apple's share is approx ~5%. Apple...
wishful thinking?
Well, that was also true in NYC. I remember a couple of years back, everyone had either iPods or iPhones on their commute back home. Now, I'm the only one with my iPhone (iphone 4).
Lol!!
Samsung semiconductor business is still in black with 16% profit margin. Their display unit is losing money. and why not?
Samsung's overall sales went from $42B to $45 Q2Q, I don't think that's a bad sign. They are still struggling in part/component business (but those areas are very competitive - capital-intensive, low-margin and cyclical), but their telecomm sales/profit is up almost 20%. Their appliance sales (TV) hasn't changed much (less profit). Not sure why you are so concerned about Samsung's stock prices - they've been making mobile devices at least a decade longer than Apple. Q3...