or Connect

Posts by tooltalk

Yes, along with rectangle, rounded corners.  Jon Ive hard at work.  Some deranged souls here also believe that Apple "MADE" PowerPC. 
 because there was no smartphones with 8TB of memory or storage? and won't be for some foreseeable time?  
 there is no set punishment for SEP infringement. In fact, contrary to Apple's claims, there is nothing preventing/discouraging SEP holders from seeking injunctive relief. 
 Well, didn't realize that Apple invented the share buyback program. /s  At least Apple is consistent in taking credit for stuff they didn't invent. 
  Ever heard of BestBuy's iPhone 4 BOGO?  If Apple makes only premium products,  what's with the iPhone 5C?   No doubt, Apple's innovative marketing is second to none, but Apple is really a second-class tech company.  I have yet to see a original/breakthrough tech from Apple.
  Considering that Samsung's smartphone marketshare was in a single digit in 2011 -- and I'm guessing most smartphone buyers upgrade their phones every 2 years or so -- most Android switches probably came from HTC / Moto other than Samsung.   Yep, ironically, Apple increased the size of iPhone display from 3.5" to 4" to meet the changing needs of smartphone users during this period.
  Apple is effectively a too-big-to-fail and the gov't will do whatever it can do to protect the company.   Wish I had bought it when it was sub-$400.
Why?  I just explained in detail why the author's claim is flawed -- using his own sources.  Who said anything about "stealing"?  Feeling Guilt much? ;)    The author's claim is that "while popular legend says that Apple simply got its Macintosh ideas from the Xerox Palo Alto Research Center after seeing the group's advanced technology in 1979, this isn't the case."  But Dilger's primary source, Making the Macintosh: Technology and Culture in Silicon Valley CONTRADICTS...
Well, this is an interesting garbage revisionism:   "While popular legend says that Apple simply got its Macintosh ideas from the Xerox Palo Alto Research Center after seeing the group's advanced technology in 1979, this isn't the case."   The author of this write up seems to forget that it was Jeff Raskin who not only brainstormed the project from the very beginning, but also arranged the two visits to PARC.  Jobs was on the second visit -- Raskin brought him...