or Connect

Posts by tooltalk

Tim Cook also said he hates litigation -- do as I say, not as I do.   Obama just signed into law the Patent Law Treaties Implementation Act of 2012, introduced just as Apple vs Samsung trial started in August -- the law, not surprisingly, expands the scope of design patents (easier to patent and litigate) and strongly favors Apple.  Then came the ITC import ban veto.   Obama is nothing more than a corporatist & a fan of economic protectionism and bailout; couldn't care...
  Sure, you do realize that the component division is Samsung their bread and butter -- though Samsung now makes more revenue/profit from mobile.   sounds like Samsung wins either way. 
  excellent point.  I'm pretty sure that all SONY LCD TVs were in fact manufactured by Samsung until very recently. 
  And Samsung would be #1 smartphone maker in the US -- just like China. 
  Well, Samsung has been making mobile phones for at least two decades now, smartphone for almost a decade. So Samsung should have stuck to making their own phones while Apple  should have just stuck to making pretty Mac's, is that what you are saying?   Samsung didn't make the photo gallery scrolling feature in Android, but that didn't stop Apple from taking Samsung to courts, right?   I agree, I think Apple should be banned from selling mobile devices that competes with...
  Please let's not go down this road.  There are cheaters, liars, criminals in every ethnic groups. 
  I think you are technically correct that the whole point of Exynos Octa Big.Little design is to optimize performance/power consumption on mobile devices.  In that spirit, this benchmarkboost is all legit, but Samsung should have made it all public.  It's petty, but still unethical.   At the same time, Samsung never promised "twice as fast or half the price" (eg, remember iPhone's 3G marketing campaign) or failed to deliver (eg, -- *ahem*  *cough* *cough* -- Apple's...
Just let them bark for a while.  They are in the "denial" phase of the five stage of grief -- their grief will be manifestated in anger, depression, bargaining and acceptance as Samsung's rising profit triumphs Apple declining profit.    Apple 4Q is going to suffer further decline in anticipation of new product release in 1Q 2014.
  Nope, it doesn't matter.  FRAND doesn't mean Apple doesn't have to pay anything and all parties must continue negotiating in good faith. Likewise the ITC judges found Apple was not simply willing to negotiate.  This is the right recourse for arrogant companies like Apple who thinks it can prevail in the US because it's Apple's hometown court. 
  Wonder if VZ came out opposing the ITC ban when Apple banned HTC smartphones (ie, slide-to-unlock)?   I understand VZ's position, but I'm afraid VS's plea would have no effect.