or Connect

Posts by tooltalk

Oh, like you mean Samsung's 8 consecutive record profit quarters?
  For those who can't read Korean, look at the very next row where the same National Customer Satisfaction Index ranks Samsung the highest in the smartphone category.   ... TabletPC       Apple     74   73  +1.4  73 Smartphone    Samsung Electronics   73   73  0  72 ...   You can't just pick and choose selectively...
  LOL..   poor people make poor choices?  
    They all look the same from 30 feet .
    Well, component shortage isn't quite unheard of in this industry.  I'm not sure how you are extrapolating so much detail from Tong's vague statement, but what is his evidence that Samsung "strategically declined to provide it with crucial parts for years"?  IIRC, back in 2010, Samsung was pretty much the only one making AMOLED displays in volume due to technical difficulties in manufacturing -- Samsung still has 95+% AMOLED marketshare in 2013.   And why did HTC wait...
  speaking of insider information, is Apple still on with Global Foundry in update NY?
  Dadoria2 sounds just about right. I also attend the largest private university the US and work for a large city agency in NYC. There used to be a lot of iPhones and MacBook's until last year -- when I spotted fewer than half a dozen S2's in wilderness -- but so much changed since about the same time Dadoria2 noticed the Galaxy invasion. At work, it used to be all Blackberries; now our new CIO is a Apple fan and IT supports Apple iDevices only.    I also get asked a lot...
  Yep. I believe it was Bruce Lehman, Bill Clinton's USPTO appointee and a former corporate lobbyist, who expanded the scope of software patents throughout the 90's. 
  Well, yesterday's hearing on capital hill didn't say much.    You pay taxes on profit, not on revenue. In 2012, Samsung paid $4B in gov't taxes & dues on $16 profit (or about 25% -- slightly below South Korean national average of 30%).  See Samsung's 2012 financial statement or 2012 sustainability report.
  If Apple's lawsuits are indeed about principle, why isn't Apple after Google, not Samsung?