or Connect

Posts by Jonteponte

It's definately not useless. I have used a 8Gb iPhone 4 for the last two years. I keep the essential apps on there and keep offline media files off it and I have had a great experience. Music is streaming (Spotify) and I offload photos to my MacMini when space is tight. The only thing I really need the space for is downloading podcasts but that can also be easily managed by syncing on wireless and deleting old stuff from the phone. The only thing I usually cannot do is...
Apparently in Android land you can both have the cake AND also eat it. And also. Android users are apparently *much* smarter so they just know by default what they should and should not install on their phones so It's basically all moot. "No issues" as a colleague of mine says all the time.
 I guess you haven't been to this news item on Engadget then? The hate is alive and well my friend :) Any technical progress Apple is involved in is by definition evil and everything else is just a generous gift to Humanity. Thats basically the narrative I guess...
 That should NOT be much of a surprise since until very recently (with the Sony Z(2?) Compact) there *where* no high end Androids around 4 inches. That is actually hard to do and most Android OEM's does not go for hard. They want quick. And the blessing of the whole Android market so far has been that ironically the *only* thing seen as "innovation" the last year or two has been.....a larger screen.
 Yep. I'm sure there's just a TON of money in selling $50 and $30 streamers if you are not in control of the actual content being streamed through it. The irony is that Apple is the market leader here. Even though they *just* let the Apple TV out of the "It's just a hobby" - land...
Does this mean that Apple is Doomed(tm) again? You know, as they where at the Kindle Fire Launch?
So if you back out actual *watches* (non-smartwatches) from those $8 billion. What was the market worth last year? My guess would be much less.
I'm referring to the their mobile devices innovation as of late. Their high end models seem to resonate well from a quality/design perspective and the compact versions of them aren't just smaller devices with cheaper components but actual smaller versions with the same components (*what* a concept right?). This seem to work for the Swedish market at least where they are pushing out several much cheaper Samsung Galaxys from the operators top selling lists at the moment...
"We're surrounded by anonymous, poorly made objects," Ive said. "It's tempting to think it's because the people who use them don't care — just like the people who make them. But what we've shown is that people do care."   This is great quote. And it encapsulates the main reason why I was (finally) drawn to Apple products in the first place. Most people "don't care". But I'm thinking that more and more people *will* care in the future and that will pay off for Apple even...
I made the same observation when upgrading my iPhone 4 yesterday. On first run after upgrade it was really slow for a minute or two when opening apps and moving around (which made me a bit worried). After that it has actually been snappier than my 6.1.3 install. The only thing that is slower (so far) is starting apps and possibly loading heavy websites in Safari. And no crashes so far. I'm happy!