or Connect

Posts by Jonteponte

That sounds absolutely fantastic! So when you have hired those 200K assembly workers in a couple of months you move on to the eaven easier task of hiring 8700 engineers to oversee those workers. Possibly relocating most of them from all over the country in the process, since I doubt you can tap into that kind of (readily avaliable) talent pool in any one place on the continent.   Luckily, American engineers are just that flexible!
BTW. I forgot:   Countdown to class-action lawsuit in 3...2....1
I live in Sweden an the last few days all the big national newspapers have jumped on the bandwagon and are now reporting people getting burnt or electrocuted by their iPhones. Today there was a frontpage article about a girl that had slept *on* her iPhone 5 and was *chocked* to learn that she mobile finally got very hot and she claimed to have been burnt by it.   I'm sure this is not over yet. I am also equally sure that we are not going to read any stories about...
Amazon celebrates their newly government approved and protected monopoly by.....wait for it.....raising prices!   http://www.mhpbooks.com/monopoly-acheived-an-invincible-amazon-begins-raising-prices/   http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/05/business/as-competition-wanes-amazon-cuts-back-its-discounts.html?pagewanted=2&ref=technology&_r=0   But of course, it's all in the interest of the consumer. Obviously.   Amazon stockholders can pop the champagne though....
It seems Samsung are too. Someone posted this on TheVerge forums:   2.80 Galaxy 5/Europa 3.14 Galaxy Mini 3.20 Galaxy 3/Apollo 3.50 Galaxy Ace 3.65 Galaxy Player 3.6 4.00 Galaxy S, S III Mini, Player 4.0 4.20 Galaxy Player 4.2 4.27 Galaxy S II 4.50 Galaxy S II Skyrocket, Infuse 4G 4.52 Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch 4.65 Galaxy S II HD LTE, Galaxy Nexus 4.80 Galaxy S III 5.00 Galaxy Player 5.0 5.29 Galaxy Note 5.55...
  As I see it they are at least indirectly paying their "customers" since they are extremely successful in making the impression that they are giving it all away (software, services, hardware) just out of the godness of their heart ("do not evil"). When they are actually selling their users and all the data they can possibly collect about them to the highest bidder. It's actually quite brilliant since their "customers" are also violently defending Googles right to do so....
  I read somewhere that Apple spent a relatively puny $500K on lobbying last year. Google spent several times that amount (I think six). I'm guessing Google worries quite a bit more that Apple do about possible antitrust issues...
  And apparently Wall Street will not be happy until Apple also floods the market with low margin crap because that is the only business model they see working long term. Strangely enough in the car market there seem to be a place for higher margin, premium brand products. But not in consumer electronics even though that has been the case since the mid 80's...   I understand that ASP's probably will have to come down longer term but as long as Apples challange is to make...
  Don't forget that Apple will release it, whatever it is. It will sell like crazy. A year later everyone else has copied it and all the innovation Apple has done on it will be deemed as "obvious" and "stealing". Apple will be the devil when it tries to protect their innovations (whatever they might be) and will be accused of "hindering" innovation ("innovate, don't litigate!). Look for all the Smart TV Implementations to suddenly change direction to include all this...
  Since 80% of Mac sales are notebooks and Mac sales are 8-10% of total sales at Apple currently, you would be correct in claiming to be a minority :) I am too since I bought my first Mac (a MacMini) earlier this year.   Apple is not losing billions (as some have suggested here) by not having iMacs to sell. And what they lose they will make up for when they do have one to sell. It's not the end of the world people. Or maybe it is. As everything hint of negative news seems...