or Connect

Posts by Andysol

I watched "Bad Words" last night w/ Jason Bateman on iTunes HD last night.  Who needs Blu-Ray quality and sound for that movie?  Lone Survivor- which I also just watched, I absolutely preferred Blu-Ray.It doesn't have to be either/or for priorities- you can enjoy both formats.  :)
The thing that truly separated the iPhone and made it where it would take years for anyone else to catchup (And they still haven't).   More brilliant than any other feature IMO.
Outside of dark scenes (like Star Trek)- iTunes holds up pretty well with image quality IMO- It's the sound that is the biggest difference to me.  This is on my 60" in the den at least (from about 18' back).  But it's much more obvious on my 130" projector screen in the media room. But for most movies- I just prefer the convenience of Apple TV/iTunes with the exception of great movies where "immersion" is more important (Saving Private Ryan, Braveheart, Lone Survivor, etc)
Playing around with it and thought I'd mention- this allows me to stream original versions of films too.  I have tons of movies that are extended- example- Lord of the Rings Extended (I actually prefer the theatrical)- now I can watch either/or.  Same with dozens of others: About Time, Adjustment Bureau, Admission, Adventures of Tintin- just mentioning my As.  :)   Edit:  My mistake. It isn't that there are theatrical versions- its that those have the old iTunes Extras-...
Another big leap forward for the Apple TV.  Does Android offer extras?  I know Amazon doesn't have extras, but does Vudu allow their extras to be viewed on Roku?   Even still- Vudu extras blow in comparison to Apple's.
Maybe the new mini will be the size of the Apple TV.  "It took us a while, but it's 30% thinner and weighs 280% less"   
It's surprising the Apple TV does so well worldwide when the content is so US-centric. An App Store would clear that problem right up. Roku makes a decent little box for what it is. Now please apple, give us our new box. With metal, and the new app kit- the next iteration has me salivating. Just do it already!!!
No- it doesn't. You specifically mentioned how editing a movie is easier on an iPad. Duh. Oh course it is. Were talking about a pic that goes through Photostream that you can access on any device or Mac for editing automatically. So it doesn't apply. Taking a pic on your iPad is dumb in most cases. Some, like the Craigslist example, are fine. But if you're a freaking reporter on twitter- you should use the better quality camera at your disposal.Let's try this-So if the...
Sorry- did I read it wrong? Did she take a video?No? Ok- so your point is completely irrelevant.
When will people realize that their iPhone camera is significantly better than their iPad camera?Forget the fact you look like a douche parent at a dance recital...