or Connect

Posts by Andysol

OK- understandable.  So here's my follow-up:That seems like an extreme scenario- and one that might not be replicated.  If it is a common occurrence; however, might I suggest carrying a case with an external battery. I travel regularly- while not international, I do go; for example, to my Hawaii lab about 3-4 times a year.  For cases like that, I bought the following:Battery Bank - $23.99The reason I dislike the thought of sacrificing weight and thinness for a bigger...
Of course I am a part of the masses!  Most people can get through the day with their iPhone.  You think people would still buy an iPhone if the majority have a dead battery before they get home?  Or are forced to go sit in their car and charge it up?  Really?  You're going to argue that? You also fail to understand my argument.  Do I want more battery life?  Sure!  Do I want a thicker, and (more importantly)- heavier phone?  No thanks, unless it is a physically larger...
Going to that extreme- of course not.  And I doubt anyone would want a 1".  But within reason- and 4.7 or even 5.5 is within reason. I'd take a 6" iPhone vs a 4" Android.  Yes.  Every time.
Thanks for that.  Definitely enlightening on the first part. As for your 2nd part; however, it doesn't help with your original point that those wanting a smaller phone are in the majority, and those wanting larger are in the minority.  There still is no proof or data that proves that.  But there are a half dozen legitimate surveys dating back to 2012 (when iPhone was only 3.5" and most Android phones were just 4") that people preferred the larger screen size. I determine...
In his defense, he is correct.  There isn't an app- graphically or cpu wise that the A7 can't handle.  If we can assume the A8 will be 1.5x-2x more powerful (which is typically the case)- then apps will advance accordingly. Hey- I'm all for everything you mentioned- faster CPU, GPU, Ram and SSD- and I fully agree we've only scratched the surface of what the iPad can and will be able to do.  But give Apple a break- the A7, 9 months after its release, is still the best...
When you said "especially those who like me use their phone to get work done"- I read it as you were taking a high-brow shot at those that don't use their phone for "real work" and don't need the battery life like you do.  If I misread that, I apologize. Videos via iTunes don't drain that much life- and Apple rates it at 10 hours.  That's why I carefully chose the words I used- I said "streaming" video online, and playing games.  Example- I played xCom (3gb video game) on...
 I'm curious- what is it that you do that is "work" that drains the battery life so much?  Games and streaming video are the 2 biggest drains of battery-life.  So, technically, gamers should be the ones more concerned with wanting longer battery life.  Stop pretending you and your tasks are more important  than someone else's.  They are simply different tasks- none greater or lesser. I'm in agreement with you completely.  I prefer the lighter and thinner phone.  I also can...
I disagree. The cell phone isn't all about miniaturization. How else would you explain the iPhone being one of the largest phones out there when it first came out (we were fresh from coming off the Motorola razor). And then how do you explain them going from 3.5 to 4"? That's not miniaturization, that's enlarging in both cases.I also disagree that those wanting smaller phones are the majority. The statistics we've seen clearly show the preference is larger- unless you...
Clearly a response to Samsungs marketing. /s
I'll use tomorrow on my 5S, ATV3, and new AC time Capsule (both are hardwired). Although the AC won't matter as the ATV 3 and iPhone 5S is just N and not AC.