or Connect

Posts by Andysol

That's what he does.  He completely ignores the concrete- Apple reported- numbers that shoot holes in his theory.  He won't mention percentages and the 6 million vs 9 million in the same sentence.  Anyone with an inkling of math knowledge knows he's wrong. Not that I need validation to know if I'm correct or not- he apparently does.  He also fails to see you, me, lee, Constable, ikrupp, etc. telling him he's wrong- or "ripping him to shreds" in his words.  In the meantime,...
Why?  What would the numbers prove? What if it was 30% 5c?  You would then yell from the mountain tops it is in the US only, and just one provider.What if it was 15% 5c?  You would then yell from the mountain tops it is a failure- discounting any point you made previously about numbers being US only. My point- you will use numbers to prove your agenda/point rather than take numbers for what they are. Edit: Beat me to it!
Don't say things like that!  The 5c is a complete failure- remember?
If China got 3 million units and only a 15% rate (both estimations which are likely skewed to the point you're making)- thats 450,000 more units still. 24% of 6m = 1.44m27% of 6m = 1.62m + .45m = 2.07m or a 44% increase year over year. Even with your skewed numbers its a home run
 The supply lines of 5c still in the channel is a moot point.  The 5 faced the same supply (because of demand) constraints the 5s is facing.  So channel has nothing to do with it.  They aren't sold out of the 5c just like they weren't sold out of the 4s last year.  Apples to Apples. What you are right about, is the comparison about adding china.  However- what you are wrong about- is the assumption that the same amount of iPhones were sold in the US (6.2) and the remainder...
They wouldve sold a ton of the 5- sure- probably even more.  You could easily argue the minor differences (to most people- not us techies) between the 5 and 5s would have had a decent amount of cannabilization of the 5s and hurt their bottom line.  Maybe in looking at their previous sales when the 4S was the flagship, and the 4 was the mid-tier- they saw way too many of the 4 sold vs the 4s because people thought "the only difference is siri".  And they have no corrected...
Fixed that for you. 
I've said this before in the other thread- people can't wrap their head around it for some reason.There were 9 million sold opening weekend this year, and 6 million opening weekend last year. So even if the percentage was the exact same (which it likely is more for the 5c for the data we have)- it's still a 50% increase in units sold. That's remarkable. Both the 5s and 5c are huge successes over their predecessors.
[[SPOILER]]No- I never claimed that. But you can spin whatever you want to make you feel correct- which you clearly aren't.I don't care if it sold in the US, China, or Africa. So while you pull stats out of your ass- like "2.5-3 million iPhones were sold internationally"- which you have no clue about- I will give you concrete data, like 6 and 9 million. Numbers don't lie. You on the other hand...