or Connect

Posts by Andysol

Just because they didn't advertise it doesn't mean it didn't exist! The fact is the 5c is crushing the 4s sales from last year- you can blame marketing- fine.  If the marketing is paid for by the additional phones sold- all the better.  The other fact is the 5s is crushing the 5 sales from last year.  So its a double win for Apple.  More top tier phones sold, AND more mid-tier phones sold.  I'm still having trouble connecting the dots to this being a bad thing?  What's...
Incorrect again.  You can't compare the 5c sales with the 5 sales.  You can't create an imaginative environment where the 5 sells for $99 and compare that with how the 5c has done.  What you CAN do- is compare sales of the same tier model in the previous year- the 4s. You're sitting here comparing the 5 and 5c- no one else is.  No one declares it a "failure" because it doesn't stack up to the 5.  People are declaring it a "failure" because they believe it's priced too...
Where did you get your statistics aside from your ass? Oh ya... you have insider information to Apple's Marketing strategies, margins, and component costs... duh!
I'm still getting ads and I pay for iTunes Match.  Curious as to why or if anyone else is getting the same?  I don't use iTunes match on my phone, however.
It's refreshing to hear a CEO of a competing company actually say Apple is going to be a threat instead of the normal buffoons who say they won't succeed.  
I don't think they would compare those either.  But why would they- that's a dumb comparison.  I would love for them to announce the 5c vs 4s from last year- even if just percentage differences and not specific units.  That is a valid comparison year over year, and the results would be staggering. I don't understand the 5s vs 5c comparison.  Compare the 5s to the 5 last year and compare the 5c to the 4s last year.  Both are dominating their predecessor, which is a huge win...
My wife has a mini- I think I could somehow find a way, in my overwhelming poverty, to spring the extra $70 to get an iPad 2.  Maybe sell an organ.  $70 is so much! Perfect description.
Most people I'm talking to like the 5c.  See how that argument doesn't work? The core problem is everyone is comparing the 5c to the 5s.  They shouldn't.  It should be compared to last year's 4s.  In which case- it is incredibly improved.  I hope that Apple releases individual numbers this next Tuesday- and I think even though theyve never done it- it's a possibility.  Even if it's "we sold x% more iPhone 5c's than 4s' the first month than last year"- I think the numbers...
Next Tuesday we'll see.  In the meantime- while I clearly said I was speculating- you clearly state "can't happen" "You're wrong" "Will never happen" "won't happen". And plenty other definitive statements.  You, sir, have backed yourself into a corner. But, of course, with your insider knowledge to Apple's marketing strategies, margins, and component costs- we should all listen to you vs anyone else.
Contradict yourself much?  Or do you have a direct in-road to Apple's margins, market strategies, and component costs?