or Connect

Posts by Andysol

Get ready for those that complain about it getting thinner and that they'd rather have the battery life.  I wish Apple would release a 7" thick iPad with battery life that can last 14 days for video and 3 years standby just to see if those fools would buy it.
I was just about to say "Awesome", but then read the first line- Digitimes- and stopped.
It is a criticism.  And please... please lets not mention it being Amazon's fault.  Being on Apple TV only benefits Amazon.  It is Apple that is holding the strings here as it doesn't benefit them- which is fine, But call a spade a spade.  Amazon & HBO Go are on every single streamer out there except Apples.  They have such a strong personal vendetta against Apple that it's worth hurting themselves in the process?   To your point about mirroring on your Mac- fine.  So if...
You don't know what you're talking about. Yes, it has Hulu and netflix. You can't AirPlay Showtime, Cinemax, hobo go, amazon instant video, vudu, bbc player, the list goes on, and on, and on.And besides, if I want to listen to pandora, I shouldn't be forced to have my phone constantly streaming to my Apple TV.Alan- I had completely forgotten that the Roku has universal search- which blows more holes in Gazobee's comment.And anant- it isn't a "few" whiners. It's tons of...
Off-topic... but brilliant.  :)  It should be the other way.  But if you eat it, you wouldn't have it.  But technically- you can HAVE your cake, and eat it too.  But can't eat and have it.  Let's change everyone's mind starting with AI
1- As I mentioned, DVR would only be useful with Internet TV- like all cable companies/boxes have currently.2- unified search is the key difference that makes Apple TV jaw-dropping. Apple TV has Internet access- as does all the current applications. If they had a requirement to allow searching via all your log-ins, you could search for "sons of anarchy" and see that you can stream nothing on hulu, seasons 1-4 on Netflix, or purchase seasons 1-5 on iTunes. If they add...
Mentioned this in the other thread:     I have the 3 Apple TV 3s and can easily imagine reasons to replace them.  Here is my wish list for what information we know so far:   -Applications (Larger SSD- the current 8gb isn't near enough- 16gb would be adequate, 32gb preferred).  You can't have Apps with the current device because of size limitations. -Stream internet TV- whether it be Vios or U-verse.  As mentioned in this thread- they could even do a cable...
Boy- I can!  A ton of reasons- I have the 3 Apple TV 3s and can easily imagine reasons to replace them.  Here is my wish list for what information we know so far:   -Applications (Larger SSD- the current 8gb isn't near enough- 16gb would be adequate, 32gb preferred).  You can't have Apps with the current device because of size limitations. -Stream iTV- whether it be Vios or U-verse.  As mentioned in this thread- they could even do a cable company. -Built in DVR if it has...
That was my point. There are a ton of people like me and you who have unique situations.  I was just commenting to Pedro who basically poo-pood any functional need for the 11" MacBook Air. That simply wasn't true.
  $70 differentiates an actual keyboard. As I type on my ipad, it's "ok"- but not even close to a keyboard. There is still plenty of room for the 11" MBA.  How bout the fact I can export from FileMaker on my air into a PDF to email. Can't do that on FileMaker go on the ipad.   To think "your" way is the only way is smug and arrogant.