or Connect

Posts by Andysol

So Apple announces that 9 million iPhones sold the first weekend. 9 Million x 27% 5c adoption rate = 2,430,000 Apple announces 6 million iPhones sold the opening weekend of the iPhone 5 last year 6 Million x 23% 4s adoption rate = 1,380,000 2,430,000 - 1,380,000 = 1,050,000 more units sold- or a 75% increase of units. So what again doesn't support what? Are you:A- Terrible at mathB- So set in your ideas you refuse to look at factsC- Intentionally trying to look like a...
Have fun with Windows! The problem with people like you is that you create some fantasy in your head of what Apple should be- and you compare their reality to that. Meanwhile, us here in the real world, compare it to everything else out there.  OSX vs Windows.  Really?  iOS vs Windows vs Android.  Again- Really? Compare them to the competition- not your interpretation of what they should be.
http://allthingsd.com/20131014/iphone-5s-outselling-iphone-5c-two-to-one/?reflink=ATD_yahoo_ticker 2.5 Million on opening weekend.  Compared to ~1.4 Million 4s the previous year for opening weekend.  So yes, over 1 million units sold- or a 75% increase- is "crushing" the previous sales. Here's your response- "That's just one study".  To which I'll retort- "Let's see one of yours".  Then you'll say "I don't have to- the proof is on you" which translated is: I don't have...
They just updated it last fall.  I think you're thinking of the Classic- not the Touch- which is incredible.
3 Million sold the opening weekend.  Also- please read the post before mine. I think this is the first time Apple will give us a breakdown of 5c sold vs the 4s last year- because I think the number is staggering with the reports we've seen so far.  We might not get the unit breakdown, but I think we get a percentage comparison.  Whether this be on the 22nd (most likely) or the quarterly report- I think we see it.  I pray they do it.
Just because they didn't advertise it doesn't mean it didn't exist! The fact is the 5c is crushing the 4s sales from last year- you can blame marketing- fine.  If the marketing is paid for by the additional phones sold- all the better.  The other fact is the 5s is crushing the 5 sales from last year.  So its a double win for Apple.  More top tier phones sold, AND more mid-tier phones sold.  I'm still having trouble connecting the dots to this being a bad thing?  What's...
Incorrect again.  You can't compare the 5c sales with the 5 sales.  You can't create an imaginative environment where the 5 sells for $99 and compare that with how the 5c has done.  What you CAN do- is compare sales of the same tier model in the previous year- the 4s. You're sitting here comparing the 5 and 5c- no one else is.  No one declares it a "failure" because it doesn't stack up to the 5.  People are declaring it a "failure" because they believe it's priced too...
Where did you get your statistics aside from your ass? Oh ya... you have insider information to Apple's Marketing strategies, margins, and component costs... duh!
I'm still getting ads and I pay for iTunes Match.  Curious as to why or if anyone else is getting the same?  I don't use iTunes match on my phone, however.
It's refreshing to hear a CEO of a competing company actually say Apple is going to be a threat instead of the normal buffoons who say they won't succeed.