or Connect

Posts by Technarchy

The Apple keyboard is very good. About the only feature it is missing is learning and predictive selection. That's probably what I am most looking forward to in iOS 8. With Swiftkey I can damn near type an entire paragraph with barely typing a couple of words. It just knows the words and phrases I am most likely to use and it populates them accordingly.
 It is correct. Swiftkey is my daily driver and I switch off between pecking and swiping depending on what I am doing, and how much I need to type. You don't need to disable the swiping function to have dual input types either. You can, but it isn't necessary.
 You're wrong. Swiftkey supports pecking and swiping at all times. So no, it doesn't force you to type one handed. You can peck two handed if you choose to.  What makes you think you won't be able to with a custom keyboard?  See my above answer.
  Many of us are certainly hoping so. But we've been down this road before... "Apple will never do a plastic iPhone. The 5C rumors can't possibly be true" "Apple will never do an iPad Mini. Steve Jobs said what the ideal size was." "Apple will never do a larger screen iPhone. 3.5" is perfect" "iOS is never going to have a file system or custom keyboards. It doesn't need it" ...etc...etc...
I would be in for this.   Especially if the size is in the same ballpark as the G3 and S5, which replaced my iPhone 5S two months ago.  
It's a feature I use often of my S5. Having it in iOS would be appreciated.   You'd end up using it more often than you think.
iOS based OS with a iOS/OSX hybrid UI that can also play iOS apps. 
 Pretty much. I wouldn't expect him to say anything else, but at the same time I am skeptical about anything earth shattering happening. Would be nice if it was true however. Apple stacking Q3 and Q4 leaves a pretty big drought for about 10 to 11 months so any news would be interesting at this point.
 Use your brain for a moment. Apple has hundreds of millions of credit cards on file. Apple now has a very sticky new service with Beats. Even if Apple converts 10% of those cards it translates to a reliable, large, revenue stream that will only get larger because this is the future of the music industry. Apple is also in the cross platform business now. They can fight Spotify, and Google Play music on Windows Phone, Windows PC, Android, Mac and iOS further expanding their...
 Same thing was said about the iPad Mini for awhile.