or Connect

Posts by Technarchy

4.6" iPhone is not going to happen, so your points are moot.
The retina display was introduced in 2010, and developers quickly accomadated the higher resolution. I don't think it is that big of a deal.
Steve made it a point to explain that the human eye can only discern 300 pixels when a phone is held about 12 inches from your face.So keeping that standard, what does apple need to do to keep the same aspect ratio, and PPI with a bigger screen and the same aspect ratio?960x640 = 614400 pixels3.5 = 329.65 PPI3.7 = 311.83 PPI3.9 = 295.84 PPI1152x768 = 884736 pixels4" = 346.13 PPI4.2" = 329.65 PPI1296x864 = 1119744 pixels (HD Level)4" = 389.4 PPI4.2" = 370.86 PPICalculator...
Too big. 4" maximum for a screen.
I am interested in seeing Windows 8 in all its incarnations. Though, I think Android has most to fear from Windows 8.
Tegra 3 features a low performance GPU that is sub iPad2 level. The current iPad is even a bigger beast. Performance brings heat. However, you always have the option of buying Android garbage that runs cooler if that is what matters to you.
Kanye West: You see the hate, that they servin on a platter. Drake: But Jealousy is just love and hate at the same time.
Between iPad 1 upgrades, Apple fanatics that buy everything Apple, and first time adopters, hitting a million is easy. Just because Apple did a better job with supply chain management this around doesn't mean they failed by any means. Last year Best Buy got far fewer iPad 2's and sold out faster. This year they were well stocked but most are still sold out of wifi models.
I think we will see improved image quality and display tech outside of resolution Better contrast, deeper black levels, higher color saturation. All worthwhile pursuits.
I'm certain the new iPad was most likely near finalized from an engineering perspective before Steve passed on. If he was opposed, I don't think Tim Cook would have released it. Same for the next iPhone.