or Connect

Posts by Technarchy

This is not a zero sum game.Rewind to 2011 and among flagship device buying consumers it was damn near all iPhone.That's not the case anymore. Now tens of millions are actively passing over the iPhone for competing flagship devices, with the largest impetus being screen size.
 To your first point, to some extent people are flocking. All one need do is consider collectively that most people buying an LG G2, HTC One, Samsung S4/S5, Note 3, etc etc are not also buying iPhones. While I have an S5 and 5S and 5, I am certainly in the minority. Otherwise that will equate to well north of 40 million+ people who are passing over the iPhone, and I'm willing to bet the screen size is the number one allure of competitors. Most of these competitors are also...
 Samsung devices are getting further removed from their more contentious catalog from a couple of years ago, with the saying "designed by lawyers" becoming increasingly common when it comes to devices that compete with Apple currently. As patent disputes becomes less applicable, these stories will start to fade to something occasional rather than daily.
 That's pretty funny. And wasn't it just last year that Research firm Strategy Analytics said that "Samsung's operating profit for its handset division stood at $5.2 billion in the second quarter, topping Apple's estimated iPhone profit of $4.6 billion. This marked the first time the Korean firm has overtaken its U.S. rival." Furthermore these two companies have completely different business models and operations. For one Samsung is completely vertically integrated. They...
  720P with 316ppi would be plenty. It would easier on the battery, RAM, CPU and GPU as well. Would also keep heat down. 1080P would be better though but certainly more taxing.
  That's a matter of opinion and preference. Apple being who they are, would not increase screen size if there was no point.  The point being I suspect Apple being unable to cram more tech into a small chassis and public demand.
 These types of cases will shrink over the next couple of years. We are seeing claims against newer Samsung devices not getting much mileage compared to everything from the GNEX, S2 and before. S3 got hit a bit, but not much has happened with the S4.
 Samsung isn't forking android anymore than Motorola, LG or HTC. Fragmenting yes, but it's better that these companies are all trying on one-up each other in terms of getting more from android, which is really nothing more than a foundation. Raw android really is stale as all hell and not all that functional outside of the very basic expectations of a smart device. But between LG, HTC, Motorola, and Samsung they are all "feeding into the pool" in a way that influences...
 Not spin, but the iPhone 6 will be one of the most one handed friendly phones ever made out the box, and certainly easier on the hands than 99% of the android phones out there of similar size. 1: It's thin, so you won't need as big of a grip or stretch as often2: control center puts many toggles and settings on the lower part of the screen so you don't have to reach3: Gestures make navigating easier without reaching for in app controls No android phone outside of the...
I expect some additional services and a couple of tweaks but not much else in terms of functionality.I'll be honest and say if the leading features are Healthbook, and dedicated iTunes radio app/icon, I will be disappointed.