or Connect

Posts by Technarchy

Interesting, but nothing to sway me away from my iPhone.   I like my 4S and 5 photos and look forward to the 5S camera improvements, but a 41MP super camera is no proverbial "killer app" to make me dump Apple.   And I do not see the appeal of 50mb pics eating up all my storage space.
We don't know the specifics of Verizon's commitment to Apple, so this whole story could just be headline grab-ass tactics.However, when Verizon signed on with Apple back in 2011, Apple had no real smartphone competition, and the smartphone market had less overall saturation.
Sprint has the cash, they have the spectrum, and the Nextel/Clearwire drama is over. No more excuses for terrible data speeds, slow LTE roll out, and spotty coverage.
The unlimited data and frequent upgrade flexibility is appealing. I think I might open a T-Mobile line in August, take it for a spin and see how it fits in my environment. If it looks good, I might just change over in time for iPhone 5S. I have no loyalty to AT&T. The high prices and 24 months upgrade cycle is getting old.
It's never a matter of what these devices can do, but rather how well they do it.   And as a Windows 8 user, the dual window touch interface is not all that good, while the task switching gesture of the iPad is quicker and more intuitive.
Swipe left with 4 fingers...swipe right with 4 fingers.    Simple enough...
There's equivalent virtual assistants that iOS users can download as well, which makes the original statement that much more idiotic.
    Directly from Google Play:          Here's the kicker, and it's as hilarious as hell. Google Now on iOS needs iOS 5 or later. This means more iOS devices have access to Google Now than Google's own Android operating system.   How's that fragmentation working out for you?
I never saw the appeal of Google Glass, and if someone were wearing it on their face while interacting with me, I would be concerned about not having their full attention, or getting recorded without permission.    Mind you, Google Glass is just the beginning and it's only a matter of time before we get a HUD with all types of information integrated into sunglasses, windshields, goggles, binoculars, etc etc.   With Google Glass, it's just not seamless or...
Sprint now has the cash to complete their network overhaul, and lord knows, they need to tend to their network which is basically falling apart. Anyone in a Sprint 3G only market knows exactly what I mean.   Nextel is dead, so now Sprint has wonderful 800Mhz spectrum repurposed for LTE   Then there is their 1.9Ghz and 2.5Ghz holdings, which puts Sprint in a position for some truly glorious tri-band LTE coverage   And now they can actually speed up their LTE...