or Connect

Posts by ExceptionHandler

I see.  I wasn't trying to compare to the iPad, just saying thats what I go to if/when I want a bigger touch screen and the apple tv isnt around.  I find it hard to share photos etc on any phone... we always end up just passing it around instead of everyone gathering around a single phone.  Most of my family members own an apple tv and we all have iOS devices so its real easy just to airplay stuff we want to share.   I have trouble getting my 2.5" pocket knife out of...
  What exactly is the allure of having a bigger screen?  I can do everything just fine on my 4s.  When I want a bigger screen (say for watching a video), I throw it up on the Apple TV or go to my iPad.  I really don't understand this thinking of the NEED to have a bigger screen on the phone.  It just sounds so cumbersome and annoying.
That was what I was trying to convey.  In large part the MacPro was a complete surprise, although I thought there was a rumor about it having lots of thunderbolt ports (which I thought was obvious at the time).  Thats the only thing I can remember.  But you are right, they are just rumors and many have been wrong (wouldve provided an example now and in the last post but I couldnt remember any off the top of my head).
FTFY.  Capitalization error :-D
1. I think you're spot on. 2. I doubt it.  Rumor mill is suggesting that the next gen iPhone will be like the 4 to 4s iteration which would be characteristic of Apple.  Maybe next year.  I could be wrong, after all, they are just rumors.  (I thought the iPad mini was uncharacteristic of Apple and I thought the rumors were just hot air, but here we are...).  My hope is that we don't get a bigger screen.  It would be easier for developers and simpler choice for consumers...
Interesting.  I am from the USA.  That does just go to show it is a regional thing.  I would say the majority here would place more importance on battery life and portability.  I see a larger screen as detriment to a devices portability which is why I rarely carry my iPad around with me unless I have my backpack.  Plus some of the pants I own have tight pockets (i hate that) and it makes it a real pain to get my iPhone in and out, let alone a bigger phone.  The extra...
I repeat: Never. Ceases. To. Amaze. Me.   I do go outside.  I see more iPhones in the wild than anything else.  When I go to tech conferences, I mainly see iPhones.  At airports, I mainly see iPhones. At my church, I mainly see iPhones.  Going outside will not prove anything.  It could be that just my region and the places I travel to mainly have iPhone users.  I have not been everywhere, but from my experience, the iPhone is pretty ubiquitous.  The android big screener...
I would like to point out that 'civil rights' traditionally refer to immutable characteristics.  This ruling is significant in that its probably the first (dont hold me to that as I dont know history perfectly) to include a characteristic that is mutable.  Being gay has not been proven to be an immutable characteristic, just lots of speculation.  People choose to be gay just as people choose to marry and who... just saying.
FTFY.   I am just a random bloke on the internet just as he is.  It is interesting to see someone else's 'common sense' at work when it defies my own common sense.  I would argue the 4.5+" iPhone is the unicorn "bigger screen is better" enthusiasts are hoping for.  THAT really is a fictional beast until Apple releases one.
    I love reading this guys posts.  First reaction I always get is "what the heck is this guy talking about"?    But then afterwards I always have a good chuckle as I recognize that this is his own naive opinion (I dont think he realizes Apple does tons of research on this stuff and what he wants is not necessarily what the majority wants).  It is ALMOST as good as reading 'The Daily WTF'...   I'll end with this: Apple is good at figuring out what most people want or...