or Connect

Posts by ExceptionHandler

Ever since November last year I have been slowly cutting the cord on Google for a few reasons - 1) I want to give them less of my data and would rather give it to apple, 2) for reasons such as this - free is not really free and it can be readily taken away once drawn in.   Im relying almost entirely on icloud now.  The only thing I have left to do is find a good replacement for Google Reader.  I still use google's search for now, but i dont ever login anymore to use...
Sigh... people are going to do what they are going to do. I dislike relativism with a passion.
But at what point do we retaliate against bullying?  One punch... ok, that stung, but I am willing to look the other way... Second punch, that hurt a little more, but again I'm willing to look the other way... 1000s of punches later, do we still look the other way and let China walk all over us like a doormat?  There is a saying, fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.  Im not declaring the US innocent here, but the general mentality in China is "do you...
Its not the materials the Bible is written on that matter, it is the content and who it came from they are swearing by. This is an odd and a new precedent, but the meaning is still the same.
  FTFY
  Im inclined to agree.  While I have had no problems with apple's map app, I know others have and they don't want to wait for the data to improve.  I was fed up with the pre iOS 6 version because of the no turn by turn or voice instructions.  The interface also felt clunky.  The only alternative though was to spend $40+ on a separate app.  I'd say Apple's new maps app has been all around good for the ecosystem.  Those who wanted an interface update got it, and now you...
  I have not and I do not desire to download the app.  It was more or less me speculating/curious about the functionality - it doesn't make much sense to me, but obviously it did to someone else.  As a developer (not iOS), it is my job to think about use cases and "thresholds" for events to activate.   This has been my experience, too.  It seems to easy to trigger a "shake" event in other apps.  However, I would hope there would be some way for a developer to control the...
  I was thinking the same thing about the shake to send feedback but forgot to mention it in my post.  Whose bright idea at Google was that?  Also imagine this while walking down the street.   To easy to generate a false positive with that "feature".
I personally don't need or want it.  I haven't used street view for about 2-3 years on my laptop.  For the times that I did use it, it was a cool novelty but wasn't really useful.  The birds eye 3D, while still kind of a novelty at this point, has proven to be more useful and has the potential to become one of those must haves for me because it allows me to see what the entire area looks like - not just some progressive snapshots.  Don't get me wrong, street view is...
  Because everyone has the desire to spend the time and money to mount it on a wall... thats un-apple like because it needs to just work out of the box with very minimal setup.  A stand makes that a heck of a lot easier.  I would bet however, that the stand would be removable for the option to wall mount the device.