or Connect

Posts by mirsky

I posted this to the Apple forums, but I thought I'd post here too.   I have a new Mac Mini running the latest version of Yosemite. I also have an older iMac running the same version of Yosemite. My problems with Contacts started on my iMac but they are continuing on my Mac Mini.   The first problem: I also own an iPod Touch, 4th generation running iOS 6. Its Contacts sync with my Mac Mini's Contacts via iCloud. However, some of my contacts aren't syncing; they aren't...
Keylogger, thanks for much responding. I ended up deciding that 8GB of RAM is enough my purposes, at least for the near future.    I didn't change anything on the iMac. I didn't know anything about dump logs, but I've looked them up online. Thanks for mentioning them.   Online I was able to find Apple Hardware Test for my iMac. I ran it and the hardware tested fine.   So I'm writing on the new Mac Mini and I've decided to use the iMac as a second monitor using Screen...
Hi, everyone. I could use some advice.  . Here's my situation:   I have a 24" IMac that I bought in 2007. It's running Yosemite and has 4GB of RAM.   This past week, I had kernel panics for five straight days. I'd never had them before and I hadn't made any major changes to my Mac. At the time, I didn't know that kernel panics could be software-related. I thought the iMac was finally dying so I panicked and I decided to buy a new computer. I'm currently unemployed so...
Thanks everyone for replying. I've decided not to get the used Mac Mini. I ordered a refurbished 2014 model last week and it arrived but I was thinking of returning it and getting and older used one. But I finally  decided against the used one. I do have a few questions about the new Mini but I've posted them in a new thread. Thanks again!
linkman, thanks a lot. Your post was very helpful!
Hi. I'm interested in buying a used Mac Mini that I saw posted on Craigs List. It's from 2011 and has two internal drives: a 128GB SSD drive and a 500GB normal hard drive.   My questions are these:   On my current Mac, my Applications folder is 30GB and my user folder is 200GB. So I can't fit all of my files on the 128GB SSD of the Mac Mini.   So, it is possible to split up my user files and my applications between the two drives on the Mac Mini?   Could I put my...
I tried troubleshooting the freezing problem with Apple support years ago and we couldn't figure out the problem. I eventually gave up. I'm thinking the only way to solve the problem is to get a new Mac, hopefully not too long in the future.
Here's the situation:   I have an IMac I bought in 2007. After I upgraded its OS from Lion to Mountain Lion, it started freezing on a regular basis — about once every week or two. I've continued to upgrade its OS every time a new one is released by Apple, but the freezes have become more regular. Recently, it was freezing almost every other day. (I would love to simply replace it with a new Mac, but I can't afford to do that yet.)   Also, for a year, i've been keeping...
Hi. Just now I upgraded my Mac from 10.9.2 to 10.9.3.   I also use Time Machine to back up my Mac to an external drive and I've been using it for years.   One result of the update from 10.9.2 to 10.9.3 is that I'm now unable to back up to my Time Machine drive. I successfully backed up to it earlier this afternoon at 3:17PM (it's now 4:32PM), but I'm now getting this error message:     "Time Machine couldn't complete the backup to 'Time Machine Backup.'   Files...
Hi. I'm looking for recommendations on a cheap, wifi router. Ideally, I want to pay $35 or less and a used router is fine.   I don't want to pay more because my needs are minimal. The only two computers/devices I own are an IMac (purchased in late 2007) and an IPod Touch 4G (purchased last year). Currently, my ethernet cable is hooked directly from my cable modem into the IMac, but I want to set up wifi so the IPod Touch is also connected to the internet.   My...