or Connect

Posts by mirsky

Hi. Just now I upgraded my Mac from 10.9.2 to 10.9.3.   I also use Time Machine to back up my Mac to an external drive and I've been using it for years.   One result of the update from 10.9.2 to 10.9.3 is that I'm now unable to back up to my Time Machine drive. I successfully backed up to it earlier this afternoon at 3:17PM (it's now 4:32PM), but I'm now getting this error message:     "Time Machine couldn't complete the backup to 'Time Machine Backup.'   Files...
Hi. I'm looking for recommendations on a cheap, wifi router. Ideally, I want to pay $35 or less and a used router is fine.   I don't want to pay more because my needs are minimal. The only two computers/devices I own are an IMac (purchased in late 2007) and an IPod Touch 4G (purchased last year). Currently, my ethernet cable is hooked directly from my cable modem into the IMac, but I want to set up wifi so the IPod Touch is also connected to the internet.   My...
Hi again. Just some other info that might be useful:   When I try to manually drag some files from my Time Machine backup to my main hard drive, I get a message saying:   "Error! An error occurred. The operation couldn't be completed (OSStatus error -54.)"   However, I googled "OSStatus error -54" and I couldn't find out what it means.   It's tricky, though: I got that error with some files that I am able to restore with Time Machine. So I don't know if that error...
Hi. I am using an IMac running system 10.8.5. I am also using Dropbox version 2.4, which is the latest version.   I posted a message about this issue on Apple's forums earlier this year, but I never got a satisfactory response so I thought I'd post here.    My situation is this:   I have about forty folders in my Documents folder. One of the folders is my Dropbox folder. The Documents folder, and all the folders in it, are backed up to an external drive using Time...
Hi. I need advice on buying a router. I'm using an IMac, a model from circa 2007, running Mountain Lion.   My current router is an old Apple Airport Extreme base station that I bought on ebay. It's the 802.11g model. Unfortunately, my wifi connection has started frequently dying and I have to reset my cable modem and the base station. I wasn't sure, until recently, whether the issue was with the cable modem, or the base station, but someone else told me he'd had...
Hi. I just ordered an Ipod Nano which I should receive next week. I did look at the manual, though, and it says that "The USB port on most keyboards doesn’t provide enough power. Connect iPod nano to a USB 2.0 port on your computer." I have a 24" IMac from 2007 that has a 2.4Ghz processor with a keyboard that has USB 2.0 ports. Should the USB ports of my keyboard be powerful enough to connect to the Nano? Is the warning only for keyboards with USB 1 ports?...
Hi. I am in the market for a new Ipod Nano and Apple is selling refurbished 16GB models for $149 at the Apple Store online for a "limited time." However, I know that Apple is supposedly introducing new versions of the IPhone and ITouch sometime in June. Should I wait until then to see if Apple introduces new versions of the Nano as well? The only reason I wouldn't wait is in the case that Apple doesn't introduce new Nanos and the "limited time" offers on the Apple...
Marvin, I don't think I do have access to my server logs. There is another server I will eventually use and if the problem exists there as well then I can probably get the logs for that server. Thanks again
Marvin, thanks for your thoughts. I don't think problem is with file size. The quicktime movie was really short and actually slightly less than 1meg.
Hi. I am having some odd trouble publishing quicktime movies on the web. I have tried doing it with sites I've created both in Rapidweaver 4.2.2 (the latest version) and IWeb 08. For Rapidweaver, I publish the site using Rapidweaver's Publish feature. With IWeb, I save the site to a folder on my hard drive and then use Fetch to send the folder onto the web server. When I publish my site with both programs, I get messages showing that the quicktime movie has been...