or Connect

Posts by techguy911

Lol, so much for tablets taking over the world and replacing desktop/laptop computers!  Where are you guys who were predicting computers would be gone and everyone would be using tablets instead?  I still have yet to meet a single person who ditched their computer for a tablet.  
If I can push 1 button to skip the entire data entry process, that would be a strong incentive to pick that option.  Not sure if Apple Pay has that but they should allow an online store to get your address, name, and pay all without having to fill in everything.  That's the most annoying part of ordering online, all that data entry.
These estimates are garbage.  That price target is only $5 from today's price.  The odds of it hitting $120 in the next 12 months is pretty much 100%.  WTF do these guys get paid for?   Hey guys I got an even better target, $116!  I'm so right about this one, it's gonna hit sometime in the next 2 years, plz pay me my $500,000 analyst salary now.  Oh it hit 116 in 4 days?  Ok Ok, $119!
I used Pay 3 times at McDonalds and had trouble 2 out of those 3.  Each time the manager had to come out and help.  Apparently there is some kind of button they need to press on the register to finish the transaction and the employees were not trained, but the manager knew.  Kind of annoying to stand there holding out your phone trying to get it to work while people behind you are staring while they're looking for the manager.  I felt like one of those old ladies holding...
Apple is attacked on both ends.  If they make it too easy to install untrusted software and users run bad programs that steal their information, it's an OSX "vulnerability" and is Apple's fault.  If Apple locks down OSX more and makes it harder to be "infected" then their draconian walled garden is a terrible thing that is ruining the computing industry.  It's a no-win situation with critics. I think they have a good balance with OSX now.  It's an easy and smooth process...
 Nice!  A random EBay seller would not have done that for you.
 Is there a law or Visa/Mastercard agreement that says they're not allowed to differentiate?  I've seen gas stations with different prices for credit vs cash.  I also see it at trade shows.  But never in retail stores.
That's exactly what I don't want to see.  If everyone is selfish and creates their own proprietary closed system, we're going to have a confusing mess of fragmented retailers.  Some will have ApplePay terminals, some will have Google, some Paypass, some CurrentC, etc.  And it will never take off to the point where you can use your device in most places.  Standards are what help solve the chicken-and-egg problem of store terminals and payment devices.
I think you misread, the Charge is this year.  The Charge HR and Surge is next year.  You see, there is a wording difference between "Charge", "Charge HR", and "Surge". Here are some references if you want to re-read:http://gizmodo.com/fitbit-charge-tracker-is-finally-here-charge-hr-and-su-1650995353http://blog.fitbit.com/fitbit-charge-charge-hr-surge-welcome-to-a-whole-new-world-of-fitness/http://www.techlicious.com/blog/hands-on-with-fibit-charge-charge-hr-surge/