or Connect

Posts by techguy911

I'm not sure what you're saying here.  I'd like to use the Workout app and get my current pace and distance on the watch without taking the phone.  Are you saying that if I previously did that, the watch is somehow able to track pace and distance on its own for future runs?
I'm hoping for GPS, I'd really like to be able to run with just the watch and not have to lug the phone in my pocket or a bulky armband holder.
The whole time I was listening to them talking about this being the "one" music ecosystem to take over all others, I knew Apple had to make an Android app, there is really no other choice if they want it to be universally used.  I believe this is the first time Apple has developed a mobile app for another platform.
I wonder how much profit Apple makes annually on 3rd party items sold at Apple stores.  If people are going to buy it anyway, might as well make extra money selling it yourself.
 You guys crack me up.  Apple supplied them with access to the device before release so they could report their findings before launch, that's the point.  Did you really expect them to publish nothing until after it's already on everyone's wrists?
I don't see how they're going to keep up with approving apps within a couple of hours.  Unless they hire hundreds (maybe thousands) of employees to review apps or they just do a meaningless quick review that won't catch anything.   Plus now they opened a can of worms of disputing rejections, inconsistent interpretation of the rules, different outcomes for different developers depending on the day it was reviewed, etc.   
 I agree and have been thinking the same thing.  I have some hope that Apple has some kind of unique market research and may pull it off despite my/our predictions.  I just can't believe they're leaving the Apple TV to languish, there is SO MUCH potential in that market and it's ripe for the taking.  Apple could stomp Roku and Amazon TV if they put their attention to making a next gen box and could be in a significant portion of people's living rooms.  Even if they are...
I can understand asking reps to use Macs and OSX, but requiring presentations to be created and presented using Keynote, geez.  Many of us have been using Powerpoint for a long time, it takes time to switch to making presentations with something else and still be able to make professional looking material with deadlines.
Wow, I just checked and Steve was never person of the year.  Yet Jeff Bezos and Mark Zuckerberg are?  What a load of crap.
Lol, so much for tablets taking over the world and replacing desktop/laptop computers!  Where are you guys who were predicting computers would be gone and everyone would be using tablets instead?  I still have yet to meet a single person who ditched their computer for a tablet.