or Connect

Posts by techguy911

Sounds like OpenGL is in bad need of an update.  The idea of an open standard that works across devices and video chips is great, but like many standards, it lags behind the cutting edge.  Khronos Group needs to get off its a** and write a new spec that can compete.  Don't get lazy and let it languish like many other standards have.
 Apple really should have done this at the announcement of Swift.  We really need a modern native speed compiled language that can compete with Python and Java.  I hope Apple is not planning on keeping Swift proprietary and Apple only.  Google half-assed the Go language like they do everything and it still feels like a beta project they are not serious about finishing.  Microsoft tolerated C# and .NET being used on non-Microsoft platforms but did nothing to help its...
 I hope not, what will the merger of the two companies become, some new type of company?  Apple is a hardware company and they should focus on that, if they are spread too thin with a big merger it would not be good.
That's what I thought 2 years ago, still holding and waiting...
 My company's Apple rep sends 1 ticket per year.  Anything beyond that we have to do the normal register process.  So at least 1 person from the company is guaranteed to be able to go.
Maybe they could have 2 per year and only allow people to attend one or the other, not both.  That would give the Apple engineers and presenters 6 months break between the two.  The winter conference could be more low key with less media and focused on developer sessions and meetings.
The iPhone doesn't need to be any thinner.  If depth room can be saved internally, please make the battery larger.  I'd rather have 2 days of charge.
The plane is assumed to be in water.  Apple ad has water in it.  All ads that contain water for the next 2 months are offensive.  /s
There aren't much details, but I didn't see this as a bandwidth deal, more of a content deal.  Comcast is providing content, and Apple is creating the set top box and user experience.  So it's really Comcast continuing to provide content to its own customers, just in a different way.     Now if Apple is supplying the content over the internet and Comcast is providing a special high priority traffic deal to Apple that degrades data from other sources, I could see that as...
 Amazon doesn't have a monopoly on anything.